Blood Glucose level is 45

Toobcherished
on 4/4/11 12:05 pm - Henrico, VA
Went to doc last week because I was experiencing some numbness in my hands and feet.  Also I was experiencing sweet smelling urine.  Wasnt sure what that was about.    Figured I would get my potassium levels and B12 checked right away.  Both came back fine. Urine also came back clear. However I got a call from my doc saying she wanted meto come back right away because my glucose was at a 45 on a scale of 65-99.   I have experienced reactive hypo before so not sure what the big deal is.  Do you think doc beleves it could be more?

After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.
1 Peter 5:10

seattledeb
on 4/4/11 2:15 pm
No..that's enough to be seen by a doctor. That's a very low level.
Did you develop RH after Rny? Did you have a diet that works well to help even out your blood sugar?
Deb T>

Toobcherished
on 4/4/11 8:38 pm - Henrico, VA
I had beem experiencing RH for a while since surgery so its not a huge surprise.  What surprises me is that when I went to the doc I really felt just fine, not shaky at alllike my symptoms were.  I thought maybe I was developing a UTI and maybe low potassium.  I had been managing well with my diet...i thought.

After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.

Toobcherished
on 4/4/11 10:49 pm - Henrico, VA
Bump

Toobcherished
on 4/5/11 2:08 am - Henrico, VA
I just got back from the Dr. office.  She tested my Glucose again by *****ing my finger at it was an 80.  she prescribed me a blood glucose monitor and instructed me to ***** my finger any time I was having symptoms over the next month.  I am a little confused because I told her I thought I may should check more often considering the fact that on friday when she did the test it was a 45 and I felt fine.  She said that only testing when I was feeling bad was all that was necessary.  Something doesnt sound right about that to me.  Also I told her to recheck my urine and sure enough I was correct and I do hace a UTI  She prescrived Cipro and also mentioned that she will send the test out for further testing.  Does anyone who has issues with Hypoglycemia have any advice on this.  She said that if my levels were continuing to be low, that she would refer me to a endocrinologist.  Well I dont really think I should wait to see an endo, thankfully my insurance does not require a referral so I wonder if I should make an appointment now. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 568 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 354 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 240 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 375 views