Ok...allergy meds...anything I should know?

Cleopatra_Nik
on 4/4/11 11:17 am - Baltimore, MD
For whatever reason my allergies disappeared my first three springs post-op but now the sonsa*****es are back!!!

Having never dealt with this as a post-op, who knows what we can take and what actually WORKS???? Damn cherry blossons! I am gonna DIE!!!!

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

birthdaygirl
on 4/4/11 11:22 am - Lithonia, GA
Being born and bred in Chicago suburbs I was use to the dandelion blowing wishes and kisses pollen......moved to ATL in 06 and this **** look like yellow spray paint.......

My inner ears itch and my DH and kids are miserable....what works for me since I am not a good medicine taker.......BENADRYL!

I hate spring in ATL....pretty but ahhhhhhh-choooooooo!

HW/293....SW/276....PSW/168....CW/148...GW/150  
(deactivated member)
on 4/4/11 11:33 am - SC
I live in SC and in my yard I have pecan trees, pear trees, dogwoods, peach tree, camillia bushes, azaleas, hydragneas and a magnolia tree.  The pollen in our yard is RIDICULOUS!!  I use Flonase which helps a ton with post nasal drip and that crappy sore throat feeling.  I also take Claritin.  That seems to be the best combo for my husband and I.  Our daughter takes Zyrtec.  Benadryl knocks me on my butt so I don't bother taking it.  Really if they are bothering you nasal spray is the way to go.  You can get Alaway which is OTC and works pretty well.  
StaceyinNY
on 4/4/11 12:10 pm - Amsterdam, NY
Allergies suck!

I use Flonase and Loratadine (generic Claritin). I have to use these everday or I will wind up with a nasty sinus infection.  I also use a Neti pot. 
My daughter has to use Zyrtec as that is the only thing that works for her.

Fell better soon Nik.
luciafelix
on 4/4/11 7:45 pm
I use cetirizine (not sure about brands). It is over the counter.
sonnieN
on 4/5/11 12:11 am - grand rapids, MI
I have allergies year round and have since I was born basically anything outside and dust get me. They've gotten worse as I've gotten older so I've been on precription Allegra for over 10 years. I've continued to take this Post RNY and my surgeons office has never said anything about it. Tried doing the OTC Claritin back when I was laid off and had no insurance but that didn't cut it for me. Once I got my prescription again I could see why. My prescription is for 180mg and the OTC is only 10mg
Alice P.
on 4/5/11 5:36 am
I use nasonex nasal spray and zyrtec
Kristine E.
on 4/5/11 5:53 am - VA
RNY on 01/27/11 with
I take a Zyrtec every night. I hear you about the cherry blossoms. I live in Northern Virginia. They're pretty, but I hate them! Alleges is available OTC now too
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 337 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?