I still see/feel fat after loosing 150 + lbs!

swtmelissa
on 4/4/11 12:26 pm - West Allis, WI
OK.... I have lost over 150 lbs down to about 150 lbs after being 300+lbs.

My weight loss has stopped and I am a few lbs over my lowest weight ever.  After being at this weight for a long time, I just still feel "chunky" since I am not at my lowest weight ever.  Mentally I am beating myself up, and thinking I need to be more strict with what I am eating since some of those "bad" foods occassionally work their way into my diet.  I think mentally I am just not were I was before and don't know how to get back there to get back to loosing weight.

Guess I am needing a little moral support since I have been gone from the site for a while.  I need to get my mind in the right place again, any tips or advice from those of you who had surgey years ago?
seattledeb
on 4/4/11 1:58 pm
You are pretty far out from surgery-almost 4 years right? So you've been feeling chunky all this time? I know it takes some time to feel "in" your new body.
Did something happen recently to make you feel this way?
I don't really don't have any solutions. Some days I feel thin, some days I feel big. I think if you have ongoing body dsyporia you might want to talk with a therapist.
I think it's grand that you have lost 1/2 of your weight and kept it off so long. Stick around and tell us what it's like to manage that!
Deb T.

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 4/4/11 8:15 pm
Looking at your picture I can honestly say you are not fat anymore.
Pictures work for many people.

Winnie

DeterminedE
on 4/4/11 11:31 pm
You look great.  Be proud of yourself.  I have dropped 188 lbs in a little over 6 months and I am more disgusted with myself today than I was a year ago (can you say denial?).  Anyway be proud of yourself because you are that many years post surgery and you are still maintaining.  You are an inspiration to all of us.

Congratulations!!!
VioletKidd
on 4/5/11 12:09 am - Huntsville, AL
I understand.  I have not lost as much as you - and I'm not as far out - but when I look at myself in the mirror I don't think I look any different.

It must have something to do with bad brain wiring.  I have a greater understanding of anorexia - where thin women still see themselves as fat.  My concern is that you might be headed in that direction.  You are NOT fat, but you think you are.  Remember, your lowest weight ever was probably in the neighborhood of 7 lbs.  Your body changes over time and "lowest weight ever" might not be appropriate for you right now.

I can't explain it, but tell myself that I have to be like a pilot in the fog and depend on my instruments rather than my eyes.

Please report back to us on how you are doing.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 519 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 402 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 257 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics