POLL: Would you rather be small or light?

Cleopatra_Nik
on 4/5/11 11:51 am - Baltimore, MD

Meaning small in size or light in weight. No, the two aren't always mutually exclusive.

Take me for example. While I'm now carrying bounce back weight (damn sexily I might add), I have ALWAYS been heavier that most post-ops of my same size. By about fifty pounds.

This was always a tough pill to swallow because the number was so important to me.

That is...until that first time my clothes felt a bit tight

I have now decided that it does not matter to me how much I weigh. So long as I never again delve above a size 12 (which is my absolute upper clothing size and mostly in brands that cut smaller), I am a happy camper.

But for you. If you HAD to make the choice between being lighter in weight but maybe not looking so trim and being smaller in size but a higher weight, which would you choose? 

Be honest.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/5/11 11:56 am - OH
Smaller... the scale be damned.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Lady Lithia
on 4/5/11 12:02 pm
Amen, IF I gained fifty pounds and went down to a six, I'd be doign cartwheels

but I'll take what I got.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Jodi H.
on 4/5/11 12:05 pm - Apache Junction, AZ

Definately SMALLER!  I'm the same way you are.  Nobody believes that I am as heavy as I currently am & if I had a nickle for everyone that has said "you're having gastric bypass?? You're not big enough!"  They've never been shopping with me obviously!

Jodi ** HW: 240 / CW: 221 / GW: 135
Amber J.
on 4/5/11 12:05 pm - Kirkland, WA
 Definitely smaller! Though, there is something to say about being lighter. Sometimes it feels like gravity has a personal grudge against me!

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

(deactivated member)
on 4/5/11 12:09 pm
I totally agree with all you ladies... I've always been much heavier than I look, and I like it that way.  Even when I was 290+, I was wearing an 18/20.  I definitely want to look smaller... weight be damned!  No one gets me on a scale in public so it's not an issue... as long as I'm healthy, smaller is highly preferable. 

Now at 165, I'm either an 8 or 10 depending... and I can honestly say I never thought I'd get here.  The novelty of ordering medium sized Victoria's Secret bikini panties is a THRILL!  Still can't wear Victoria's Secret bras though... boo.  Damn bewbies...  they're not going anywhere unless I get 'em cut off!   :(

tori
Ruby_Trout
on 4/5/11 1:30 pm - Canada

I am totally with you on this. I am sitting at about 168 and a size 10.  I am just fine with being a little heavier than my counterparts as I am definitely more muscular.  I don't actually anticipate reaching goal weight until after plastics.  I don't really have that much more to lose.  I would love to see a size 8.  I am a 10/12 now - closer to a 10.  It is all good.  I am pleased.  I can run 15 kilometers and I can play with my kids in the park and those are great things.  I was stuck at 175 for more than four months but have recently lost seven pounds and seem to be dropping some again.  I am happy about that too. 

I will likely need a breast lift when I am done as there is a lot of skin and not much to fill it anymore.  I thought I had escaped that as they were the last to go... but no luck there.  *sigh - thank goodness for good bras! lol. 

Cheers

Ruby Trout 

budgetbreaker
on 4/5/11 12:12 pm
definately smaller.  I don't really care about the number, but if my 7-8's get tight, I panic.  and right now, I am panicing!  LOL.  I am back after it though, so all is good!

And Nik, I have been off the board for awhile so I wondered if you were still here.  I always LOVED your post!
Budgetbreaker

highest weight - 251
surgery weight - 235
todays weight - 150 (8 1/2 months)
goal - 163
Katari
on 4/5/11 1:17 pm - OR
I guess I'd have to say small. I like my size 4's and 6's. If I can stay there and gain a little weight, I'd be happy.
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

Michelle_2975
on 4/5/11 2:25 pm - Canada
Since I have always been bigger, it would be nice to be smaller.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 519 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 402 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 258 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics