Remind me please:)

cutiebootz
on 4/7/11 11:55 am - milwaukee, WI
My mother-in-law is having gastric bypass soon, we go through liquids, then puree, what did that consist of? She is having surgey in a couple weeks and is going in blind. She thinks that she can have toast with scrabbled eggs.. I really think that she is going to have a rude awakeing. I pray it goes well.

PRE-OP 283
CURRENT-167

GOAL/ Lowest 141!-New goal -145
http://www.myspace.com/skinnycutieboo

lptazbear66
on 4/7/11 12:07 pm - Murfreesboro, TN
pureed for me was meat put through a blender or food processor.  I did eat scrambled eggs on pureed but no way to toast.  carbs are bad and I still don't eat bread at 8 ths out.  Good luck to your MIL. 

RNY at Vanderbilt Nashville, TN July 26, 2010 with Dr Clements. All loss is post op        
Colleen W.
on 4/7/11 12:08 pm
My surgeon classified puree as anything you could suck through a straw. Not that you were allowed to use the straw. LOL The idea being it had to be thin and smooth enough that you could use a straw if it was allowed. Scrambled eggs were not o.k. till the "soft food" stage which was the 3rd stage post-op. Toast was a no-no till cleared for all foods at about 6-8 weeks out.
Lori P.
on 4/7/11 12:17 pm - Kenosha, WI
Eggs were allowed on my "puree" diet....bascially anything that could be reduced to a much with a fork was my instructions.   Eggs are still not a good thing for me at almost a year out.  I also can't do bread.

Sounds like she needs to visit the NUT prior to surgery for more specific directions and guidance.

SW 212 / Goal 130 / Current 130

cutiebootz
on 4/7/11 12:39 pm - milwaukee, WI
I am 5 years out and Eggs are NOT my friends. Sometimes we are buddies but it still isn't a pleasant experiance. She said that she "did" she a NUT.. I don't think that she grasped it all. I know its alot to remember, but when you are getting such a serious surgery she really needs to educate herself real quick. I have found my folder from my surgery that they gave me after th surgery. Its has all the 3 stages. I am going to give her that so that she sees what she in for. That and a copy of a page of my food log to see what I ate.. I wish that I could go back and eat only that little as I did those first couple months!!  Thanks for everyones views. I appreciate it

PRE-OP 283
CURRENT-167

GOAL/ Lowest 141!-New goal -145
http://www.myspace.com/skinnycutieboo

Michelle L.
on 4/7/11 1:46 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Warn her that she might not like eggs or they may not settle well after surgery. I LOVED eggs before surgery, and now they are not my friend at all.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 295 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics