Persistent Dragon Butt

rickpete
on 4/7/11 12:39 am - Elk River, MN

Persistent Dragon Butt

Weight loss surgery creates many changes in your life; most are good, some are very difficult, and a few are just plain weird.  During the rapid weight loss phase, many people wake up in the morning with ketosis-driven dragon breath of the sort that neither mouthwash nor brushing your teeth can even begin to address.  I don’t think that I have that kind of dragon breath in the morning any more, but at almost 3 years out I do know that I have persistent dragon butt.  For the first hour after I wake up all sources of open flame must be avoided for fear that I might be responsible for incinerating my surroundings.  Seriously.  It even embarrasses ME sometimes, the man who thinks every fart reference in a book or a movie is funny, who has written and publicly disclosed poetry and prose related to the joy of farting, and who, at age 50, is still proud of being able to make exceptionally loud fake fart sounds. 

Am I the only one who suffers from this dreaded malady?

RP

Lorrainecma
on 4/7/11 12:59 am
LOL!!!!
I havnt gotten there yet, but I have seen lots of post that state others have this same thing going on.
Russel B.
on 4/7/11 1:06 am - Ellicott City, MD
If only mine were limited to the first hour after I awaken.  I have a can of febreeze both in my office and in my car.  I've heard people make comments in public (not knowing I was the source) wondering what that dreaded smell was twice in the last week.  There are times when it gets me down.  Then I see a picture of me 160 pounds ago and I smile and know that, yes, I can  handle even dragon butt.

Fear is the lock and laughter the key to your heart            
Silk911
on 4/7/11 1:09 am
Good Morning,

I know the problem, exactly. I was never one for publicly 'announcing' myself... 'born to be a lady'. lol... But after the RNY, I can, proudly, clear the room... lol..

I have found one little saving grace. BEANO... !!!!

I don't take the pill everyday, because I don't need it everyday... but I do take it when I'm feeling gassy... it works so nicely.. takes a couple of hours but so worth the wait..

BEANO takes away most of the stink and a lot of the 'explosion'...

If I'm planning on a weekend at home, I won't take it at all... My 16 year old son has discovered an advisary in his mother and challenges me to contests.... the loudest, the most silent, the wall banger... the floor vibrator... and the best of all .... the most 'hang' time..

I think kids need to learn that just because their parents are 'old', they can still be formidable in their own areas of expertise... lol lol...

Melody

Pink_Sparkles
on 4/7/11 1:37 am - Durham, NC
I hear you!  I don't seem to have problems at a specific time of day but the gas this surgery produces is UNREAL! 

I like the Beano suggestion and will try that.  I frequently take Gas-X tstrips or the pill to keep the bombs under control.

Good luck!

cptprkchp
on 4/7/11 2:08 am
I, too, have a facination with farts that can rival that of an adolescent boy.  I am just udderly disgusting.  My farts are worse.  My own husband, who lived in a college dorm for four years, has actually compared living with me to the memories of the frat house.  He has a hard time understanding the hang time and drag factor involved in even the smallest poot.  He refers to our couch as "the fart couch" now because he seems to think that if you plop yourself down on my cushion you will stir up anything contained within.

I understand his pain but can't stop laughing at it, either.
Lady Lithia
on 4/7/11 2:36 am
hiya Rick, it's SO nice to see you. *smooches*

Alas, you know I'm a lady, right? As such, I don't sweat, burp, or have ....as you so delicately put it, "dragon butt"

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

siberiancat
on 4/7/11 3:09 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
Everytime I'm with my 3 yo granddaugher and she smells something awful she asks me if I "Tooted"!!

My family cracks up.  I have been able to pay my hubby back for 43 years of his "rottenness" I have even driven him out of the room.  Love it.

When I'm in public - I take something for it, but when I'm home - I let it fly.!
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

sherri7794
on 4/7/11 3:29 am
I am early out and don't have the gas problem but I certainly have to horrid breath.  It's a little better now than it was, but still blech!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 428 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 351 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?