To Weigh or Not to Weigh... that is the question.

Angie H.
on 4/7/11 4:18 am - Brooklet, GA

I am just about ready to send my scale to scale hell!! I am wondering how it would be if I were to just stop weighing all together. I seem to stress about the amount of pounds I am losing or not losing and I know that is not good. When people see me that haven't seen me in a couple of weeks or months they carry on about how much smaller I look and tell me I don't need to lose any more weight but then when I stand on the scales I only see a pound or two gone. What the heck? I do notice the clothes fitting differently so I think I am losing inches(that blows my mind by the way). So the question I pose to you all today... do I weigh or not? Should I stress or not? Should I make weighing in a weekly or monthly thing?

Jenny_D
on 4/7/11 5:08 am, edited 4/7/11 5:09 am - Canton, GA
I'd say weigh in once a wee****il you reach goal and then monthly after that, or if your clothes start feeling tight. But....easier said than done. 

I had to lose 10 pounds before they would start my pre-op and my appointment was this morning. So I woke up and got on the scale...13 pounds lost. woohoo! So I got on again just to make sure it was correct.

Then I showered, so I weighed myself again in case I absorbed any water. LOL.

Then I put on my pants and got on the scale to see if the material in my pants was too heavy. Then my shirt...on the scale again...and then I did my hair and make-up and got on the scale one last time to make sure I didn't gain any weight while getting ready.

So sad...
Jenny         HW: 268 / SW: 254 / CW: 180 / GW: 140
First 5K: 4.21.2012 - Time: 34:45 - 2nd Place in age group
Second 5K: 6.2.2012 - Time 37:09

nomoresugar
on 4/7/11 5:11 am
If you are doing everthing you can to support your weight loss (protein first, plenty of water, avoid carbs) then stop getting on the damn scale. It can drive you crazy.  If you must, once a week is plenty.  However, just note the number, don't use it to feel good or bad.  Feel pride in every day you eat well, drink lots, and get whatever exercise you can.  That is where the benefit can be found.
TXKashmir
on 4/7/11 5:22 am - Grand Prairie, TX
I didn't even own a scale until I was at goal. I only weighed in at my doctor visits. Did I stall? Probably - I never knew so I never stressed about it. Count your NSV's - they are WAY more important than a number on a damn machine - and SO ARE YOU! (((HUGS)))

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

kristine V.
on 4/7/11 6:03 am - FL
honestly, i don't own a scale and i've avoided it for about three weeks now which PROBABLY isn't the best idea but i feel like it will drive me crazy so i feel your pain!
  starting weight: 343 current weight: 273 goal weight: 143
Carla M.
on 4/7/11 6:08 am
RNY on 02/21/11 with
I don't own a scale. I only weigh at the doctor's and when I visit my mom. It's easier for me that way...no stress. My clothes fit great, my towel wraps all the way around now, and I can cross my legs comfortably. Those are proof enough that I'm losing weight and doing great!

sherri7794
on 4/7/11 9:30 am
I, too have a scale problem, well mine is more of an addiction.  I weigh myself at least 2-3 times daily.  I get so mad when I gain 1/2 a pound, so disappointed when I see no loss or very little loss.  I have no idea why I do this.  I guess I should burn my scale. 

kiosap
on 4/7/11 10:04 am - Boston, MA
I agree with Debbie-do not weigh yourself! I too only weighed myself at dr's visits. I didnt want to feel like a failure if I did not lose or if I gained. Since I work in the same building as my weight center I will drop in and weigh myself about once a month or so.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 427 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 381 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 239 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 409 views
Recent Topics