Kinda graphic dumping question

MochaPJ
on 4/8/11 1:40 am - CA
I made teriyaki chicken for my dinner guests last night. I didn't eat any of it. Fast forward to 9:00 p.m. when everyone was gone and I realized I still had protein requirements to get into my body, so I had a sample of the teriyaki chicken. No more than 2 tablespoons.

And then the fun began.

One of the 6 or 7 times I hurled, I was sitting on the toilet (because gastro distress from just one orifice isn't good enough), and holding a trash can so I had a place to vomit. WTF was that stuff that I threw up? This is nothing like throwing up as a pre-op. It was the same color as my urine (which is nice and bright because of all the B vitamins) and looked like it was oily. And it was purely liquid.

This was not an experience I care to repeat, but in case it does happen, was my experience fairly typical?

Pupcake !.
on 4/8/11 2:05 am - Stranded in, IA
The bright green/yellow yucky stuff is bile.

Sorry it happened.

Pup
happyhealing
on 4/8/11 2:21 am
I thought bile was in our stomachs, it's in our intestines too?  I didnt kow we still made that.
Pupcake !.
on 4/8/11 2:27 am - Stranded in, IA
Liver bile- it's how we digest fats.

Pup
happyhealing
on 4/8/11 2:30 am
Oh I didnt know that, interesting.  HOpe I never have to taste it. 
MochaPJ
on 4/8/11 2:36 am - CA
Liver bile? Ewwww. Is that dangerous? I feel fine this morning. Just a little tired. Do I need to call my surgeon? I've seen that vomiting bile means an instant trip to the ER. But I feel fine.

Pupcake !.
on 4/8/11 3:32 am - Stranded in, IA
Nah, you're OK.

It's what you get with a hangover too.

Pup
Lady Lithia
on 4/8/11 3:58 am
doesn't sound like dumping at all sounds like yiou got soem chicken stuck....foamies and stuff stuck, and that's it...... a lot of people have issues with chicken, even more have issues with leftover chicken.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

MochaPJ
on 4/8/11 5:11 am - CA

Really? Foamies? That can consist of throwing up 7 times over the course of an hour or so? I'm still so new at all of this that I just really don't know for sure. The teriyaki sauce I marinated the chicken in was very thick and sweet, so I just assumed I dumped on the sugar content.

Hmmmm. whatever it was, I'm staying away from chicken and teriyaki of all kinds for awhile.

I'm seeing a NUT in a couple of hours, so I'll discuss it with her as well.

Thanks, everyone. This journey can be confusing (and painful!).

Lady Lithia
on 4/8/11 5:31 am
Throwing up is not dumping.

Diarrhea is not dumping

Racing heart, feeling of unease, sweating, abdominal cramps, and occasionally accompanied by vomiting and diarrhea ... this is dumping.

I would definately avoid both the teriyaki sauce and the chicken for a while. you might want to be on liquids today to give your pouch some time to recuperate

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views