I need to throw up

jdubskinny
on 4/8/11 6:15 am - NV
I dont what i ate but  have the foamies like a mofo and feel horrible and I an feel that i want to throw up but nothing is coming up - I tried gaging myself
Help can any suggest a way to get it out ... I know its like a teaspoon amount that will come up but that tiny amount will make me feel so much better !!!

Thanks 

J
-JDUB 

nancybugg
on 4/8/11 6:17 am - Riverview, FL
If it makes you feel any better I'm in the same boat.  Leftover chicken was a mistake.  I need to throw up too, but can't.  It will go away soon, at least that's what I keep telling myself!
jdubskinny
on 4/8/11 6:22 am - NV
its been like 20 min .. and the saliva is so thick I swear I almost have to cut it  to get it to drop in the sink or trash can .. I feel like i am a chewer with all this spitting ... but THROWING US USUALLY MAKES ME FEEL SO MUCH BETTER... and nothing will come up ..

i figured out I ate to fast ....

SHOOT ME!!!!!!!

-JDUB 

Cheryl W.
on 4/8/11 6:25 am - Fernandina Beach, FL
Before surgery, I'd do anything to avoid throwing up.  After surgery, I WANTED to throw up but had trouble getting anything out except foamies,  After much practice, I've gotten good at throwing up quickly.  Two things helped me.  

One, I imagined myself in the waiting room at the ER in pain, if I didn't throw up at home (great incentive).   Use what imagery works for you.  Keep it personal, keep trying, keep pushing, don't stop when the nausea gets bad, just pu**** harder till it happens.

Two, I drank a small amount of diet coke.  Yup, bubbles helped the whole process along nicely.  Papaya enzyme didn't work for me.   

Good luck.  I'm almost 4 months out and haven't thrown up in 2-3 weeks.  I hope I'm past the stage where stuff gets stuck.
 HW:  258  SW:  237 CW:  152      
jdubskinny
on 4/8/11 6:28 am - NV
Will sprite work dont have coke
-JDUB 

immafatgirl
on 4/8/11 6:27 am - KY
this is scary.. the foamies as you call it. is that from a stricture. food getting stuck?//
jdubskinny
on 4/8/11 6:32 am - NV
I think its from food getting stuck as i ate way too fast and prolly alil too much

-JDUB 

Dave Chambers
on 4/8/11 6:34 am - Mira Loma, CA
Almost all RNY patients have difficult throwing up. I've only thrown up once in 5 years since my RNY, and that was from heavily seasoned bbq'd pork--that I find out had been in our 2nd fridge for over a week.  Best to take a couple of papaya enzyme and either lay down still, or try to walk for a while.  Drinking anything to "wash down the issue" will only make you feel much worse.  I've heard many post ops at support meetings with similar expereinces.  They can't throw up, and they either lay down for 30-45 minutes after taking some papaya enzyme or go walking for about 30 minutes. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

jdubskinny
on 4/8/11 6:36 am - NV
Dave I dont have papaya enzyme ... and what exactly will this do ?
-JDUB 

kimndan18
on 4/8/11 6:44 am - IA
It breaks it up, I live on papaya enzyme now, it's my new bestest friend.  I tend to eat to fast, i am learning to slow down, and I haven't been stuck in weeks now, but it was a godsend for a while.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 287 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 480 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics