"Lady" Question....

Amy L.
on 4/11/11 1:15 am - Buffalo, NY
OK, I know some of this has been asked before, but refresh my memory please.  I know that some people have said that they got their period right away, in the hospital after surgery, and that some have said there were significant changes to their cycle.

Well, I didn't have any of that at all, until now.  I had endometrial ablasion 6+ years ago. (for those of you who don't know, that is where they "kill" the lining of your uterus, so that you don't create or shed a lining anymore)  I was having big time problems back then, and the ablasion was a miracle worker for me. I had NO period for about 5 years, no spotting, no cramps, no PMS. It was great.  My period came back, regularly, about 1 1/2 years ago, but VERY light, no cramps, no PMS, and it only lasts 1-2 days.

So, that brings me to post-op Amy.  I had no problem with my cycle Nov-Mar. Everything was regular and on time, for me, still very light, 1-2 days, no PMS at all.   But, I got my period a few days ago, and WOW.  I was cranky, hungry, bloated, bad bad cramps, and flow was not bad but heavier than normal for me.  I even ended up curled in a ball on the couch all day yesterday because I hurt from the cramps, and since "we" can't take anything but Tylenol, I was really suffering.  All I could do was lay there with ice packs on my lower tummy, and sleep. UGH

Any one have any comments/help/suggestions? Thanks. :)
  5'5"tall, RNY 11/22/10, HW256  SW252 CW148 SurgeonGW160 MyGW130  5/15/2011 
Met my surgeon's goal weight of 160lbs on 3/30/11! Reached 130lbs on 5/24/11!

CURRENTLY 120LBS, 9/7/11!

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/11/11 1:31 am
Yeap. same thing for me.  But - IMO - ho****er bottle is better for crams. And very light exercise. Walking - really helps.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

MsColorado
on 4/11/11 3:19 am
It is my understanding that body fat "stores" hormones (I'm not a medical professional) so when we lose lots a lot of our hormones get "released" also. That what I am attributing the changes in my cycle to. I used to have very short (1-2 days) very intense periods. Now they are several days and lighter than before.

The cramping is just as bad though - and that's always been severe. Tylenol did NOT help with mine. Talk to your doctor about other options for menstrual pain. I did and I got something prescribed that helps a lot. Don't suffer needlessly.

4_them_2
on 4/11/11 5:05 am - Northern, VA
I was having my visit every 14-15 days due to my hypothyroidism for the last 5 years. Nothing worked to either slow or eliminate them. Then I actually went 25 days with no visit while doing liquids pre and post op. I know my thyroid is out of whack but it was definitely refreshing to be normal. Unfortunately I started about two days ago and my hunger is out of control. I know I shouldn't be hungry but I am. Glad I'm in the mushy phase

03/29/2011  --  RNY @ INOVA!!  Surgery went great. Weighed 260
 03/30/2011  --  Discharged w/ 12 pounds of fluid WTH??  Weighed 272
 04/04/2011  --  One week followup w/ PA. Weighed 259    
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 428 views