frustrated

MariaIsHappy
on 4/12/11 9:27 am
frustrated and depressed.... 
how is it that i/we are eating an unbelievable amount less after surgery and i'm at a stand still on weight loss now for 2 weeks... i'm only 2 months post op.... its upsetting

faylynn23
on 4/12/11 9:44 am - College Park, MD
I know it exactly how you feel, at 2 months out I had a stall also.  Your body is doing everything possible to hold on to the weight.  Continue to be faithful to your diet and exercise and the stall will break.  I am 5 months out and I have had a couple of plateaus. 

Linda

lynnc99
on 4/12/11 9:54 am
At 2-3 months out, your body is sending you a definite message. It goes something like this: "What the **** is going on here!!!!!"

Seriously, our bodies need plateaus in order for hormone levels to catch up to weight loss. Everything is changing, and changing fast, and we do have to be patient with ourselves. (Even when we want the weight to be gone....yesterday!)
faithcity
on 4/12/11 10:49 am - TX
I had surgery on 2-7-11 and I am right there with you, so the above explanation makes sense. My doctor told me to stay off of the scales until I see him next month. I am hoping there will be a change when they weigh me in his office.

40 lbs. is a lot of weight! I think we are doing good!

Hugs!
Carol
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.      
wendybear1
on 4/12/11 10:52 am - Brooklyn, NY
Stalls are totally normal. Your body needs to catch up to the loss.

However, if it's not just that, you might not be getting enough water. How is your vitamin intake? I found that taking my vitamins actually helped with my weight loss.

Hang in there. I know it's very, very frustrating. You are doing great so far, though. Keep your mind focused on that.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 519 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 401 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 257 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics