Wow! Two Years Have Passed Already!

WyoGirl
on 4/13/11 7:15 am - Casper, WY
Ok, so I haven't been on here for a whole year! Today is my two year anniversary. I had Gastric Bypass April 13th 2009! I have done extremely well with my weight loss and have maintained my weight for the last year. I am still down 150 pounds and feel fantastic in regards to the weight loss. I consider myself very lucky and blessed to have been able to have this surgery and be so successfull with my weight loss and health!

On the other side of things, this year has been so full of changes and I am positive that if I had not had the surgery, they would have never happened. My marriage of 11 years has ended in divorce, I have lost so many close friends who I thought I would have for a lifetime, A new job and carreer path, Just to name a few. Jealousy ended my marriage and friendships. People who I thought would be my biggest supporters, ended up hating my success and self confidence. Since the divorce I have been dating and socializing ALOT! Drinking, clubbing, and socializing seems to have become the norm and replaced alot of things that were priorities in the past. Sometimes I feel guilty, but that hasn't seemed to stop the party train that I am on. I have known so many people who have had the same outcome from this surgery, but it doesn't make a difference to us when we are contemplating having the surgery. Two years ago you could not tell me that I would be affected in the ways that I have been. I would have told you that my marriage was so strong and solid that nothing could rock that boat.....look at us now! I would have told you that my lifelong friendships were so true and bonded that nothing could ever come between us.....look at us now! People do not like our closest loved ones to change....that's what I have determined. But I still would not ever change having the surgery....to me it was worth every loss....weather it was pounds or people! I embrace every second of the past two years and milestones that come with it!
SweetGirl11
on 4/13/11 7:48 am
   Happy Surgiversary!!!   

I'm coming up on my 2-year surgiversary in June!  It sure is a wild ride, isn't it?  Time goes by so fast and so many things change.  So sorry you went through a divorce.  It's sad when the changes are just too much for the marriage.  I went through a rough time with my hubby too.  Hubby liked me big - or at least bigger than I am now.  He voiced his opinion in the early days and as I got smaller, he was not pleased.    He finally realized that although he preferred me bigger, he is now reaping the benefits of my being healthier and, uh, more "energetic" and agile in the bedroom.... LOL.       I told him it's a trade-off.

Wishing you all the best in your new life.  Glad you're back on OH!

Michelle    (OH member since 2004 - new user name)

HW 285 / SW 270 / GW 140 / LW 135 / CW 185

RNY 6/8/2009  
Starting size 26/28, now size 12/14

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."  -Hebrews 13:8

(deactivated member)
on 1/20/12 9:05 am - Batavia, NY
sorry to hear about your marriage. I had many troubles in my relationships because of jeolousy. Sometimes God has reasons for out changes. Keep prevailing and god bless!!
Laura in Texas
on 1/20/12 10:07 am
Wow. I'm going to hope you chose your words poorly or I really feel sorry for you. You're thankful you're thin and that your life revolves around clubbing and drinking? No mention of your healthier life and all the wonderful things you can do now with your children? Sometimes weight loss does not bring out the best in us.

I hope you can get your priorities in order. Life's too short.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views