Long time no see

ChasingButterflies
on 4/14/11 12:56 am - FL
I haven't been on in a while.  I've been outside enjoying my new found relationship with walking.  Anyway, it's so gorgeous here that I just hate to be inside!  So, I have to share something that took me by complete surprise.  It may sound stupid to some, but it seriously took me by surprise, shock really.  When you are overweight for so long you just sort of get used to not being able to see certain aspects of your body.  Well, I've lost 38 pounds in my 6 weeks since surgery.  So, I'm naked, getting ready for the shower.  And I walked by the bathroom mirror and of course, I had to stop and take a gander to see how I'm doing.  My thighs are the one thing that I've noticed are getting smaller.  Well, I'm standing in front of the mirror with my legs shoulder length apart to see how my thighs were looking and I see something thru the gap between my upper thighs.  It scared me!  I turned around and looked at the wall behind me, and there was nothing there.  I looked back into the mirror and looked again.  There was something "new" that I could see between that gap.  It took me a few seconds to realize it was my butt cheeks!  I guess they are a little lower these days, and now my thighs don't cover up the gap that's supposed to be there.  I had to laugh because even though I look at myself everyday in this same mirror, I had found a new trait that day.  I felt so dumb after I figured it out, but it goes to show you how the smallest change in your body can throw you off.  Just wanted to share my funny moment. 
~Brooke~
We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.  ~Maya Angelou    
Pre-Surgery Weight: 315  RNY 2-28-2011
Carla M.
on 4/14/11 1:05 am
RNY on 02/21/11 with
I really wish there was a "like" button! Thanks for sharing! I LOVE those moments!

Keep up the good work!!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/14/11 1:56 am - Boston, MA
lol whoo hooo!
McHottie_1
on 4/14/11 3:20 am - Near Albany, NY
OMG!  Thanks for the giggle! 
~ Ready for a change ~                        
Melissalove3
on 4/14/11 6:21 am - Portland, OR
YOur soooo funny!!! Congrats on that 38 lbs!!!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 569 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 358 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 258 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 459 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 375 views
Recent Topics