incision site looks kinda like a blood blister...

lee12197
on 4/13/11 9:42 am
RNY on 02/28/11 with

I was 6 wks out on monday..havent really had any issues with my incisions in fact they were all healed, closed and that nice pink color they are pose to be...however one of the ones on the right of my belly button started to hurt a lil today when i looked at it it looked like a blood blister. It also has a small hole in it. Its a lil tender but not warm to the touch and nothing is draining from it. Has anyone else has this happen?

muchcleavage
on 4/13/11 9:48 am
Have you called your doctor?   Better safe than sorry!

lee12197
on 4/13/11 10:05 am
RNY on 02/28/11 with
yeah im waiting for the doc on call to get back to me!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/13/11 10:09 am - OH
If it is turning dark red or black like severe blood blisters can get, you need to see your surgeon ASAP.  It might be a small area turning necrotic and, if so, the sooner you get the dead part cut out, the better the chances of containing it to just a very small area. 

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

lee12197
on 4/14/11 4:39 am
RNY on 02/28/11 with
It is now draining clear sometimes bloody odd smelling liquid...its pretty tender. My surgeons office said not to worry about it but to be honest its kinda worrying me anyway...tryinf to decide if i should make a pcp appt or not since my surgeon doesnt wanna do anything with it...
Susank505
on 4/14/11 6:37 am - Mt. Pleasant, MI
I found a little piece of "string" coming out of mine so I cut it down to the skin cause I was afraid I'd be tempted to pull on it.  then one day I squeezed that area and a bit of pus came out and then it all healed over.  the doc looked at it and said it was part of the dissolvable stitch that poked out and all was ok.  That was around a month out for me.
~Susan~    HT 5'6"
HW 278 / PRE-OP 270 / SW 260 / CW 197/ GW 150

WOOHOOO!!!!  I AM 60.8% TO MY GOAL WEIGHT!!!!!
"Be the change you want to see in the World" - Ghandi

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 568 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 354 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 225 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 374 views