xpost If you have fed bcbs and were denied due to not losing during the now required 3 mos...

crystal W.
on 4/15/11 6:00 am - east liverpool, OH
Yes this has been posted several times, but here is the thing.  I lost 10 lbs in a week using an all liquid diet.  Yesterday my dtr went into labor and I was at the hospital all day and did not have my usual protein shakes throughout the day.  I had an admittedly high calorie bacon egg and cheese croissant in the morning and 6 unbreaded chicken wings around 7 pm, high calorie also, I'm sure.

This morning, I was up 2 lbs.  I can't fathom how this can be, but now I really want to just make the surgeon's office submit my paper work and get the ball rolling. 

I would really like to tell them there should be no problem because it doesn't read anywhere in the plan brochure that loss is required, only participation for 3 months.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, let me know if you were denied this year, under the new rules, for gaining or not losing during the supervised diet. 

Thanks so much

Crystal
FleurDeLis
on 4/15/11 6:12 am
I can't address the insurance requirement.
But I can assure you that everything you ate is very high in salt. You are retaining fluid.
It is not unusual to vary your weight a few pounds. This is why they say to weigh yourself at the same time each day.
Even if you way yourself twice on the same scale, it may differ because the mechanism needs to return to normal after weighing you the first time, and when you weigh yourself right away again it is going to give a false reading.
They do make single-serving protein shakes in liquid and powder form that you can take with you.
Rustys-Gal
on 4/16/11 12:47 am - Chesapeake, VA
Hi - I too have Federal BCBS.  My 3 mos trial period ended in March.  I am unaware of any stipulation with regards to losing/not losing.  For the last few years, I seem to have platued (sp?) within 5-8 lbs, give or take.  I was approved about a week ago and have been given a surgery date of 5/2.  As a note, I do have co-morbidities ( high blood pressure, diabetes, GERD, Sleep Apnea, etc) Good Luck!!
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 295 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 113 views
Recent Topics