My new cross addition

ibeanniebe
on 4/16/11 9:01 pm - NM
Okay its not really a bad one but it does seem to keep me from snacking a little more than 2 and a half years out from my surgery. I bought a Kindle reader a couple of months ago and I am reading anything I can download as fast as I can fit it in between school and regular everyday stuff. I have even found myself staying up to late to finish that last bit of my book. I have always loved to read but over the years had not been doing so much of it because TV was more enticing and books are harder to come by when you have to get off a fat ass to go to the store and buy them or go to the library to check them out. As a morbidly obese person I just didn't have the energy to do much more than grocery shop for Pete's sake. Now I am a full time student and I get out of the house daily M-F and have PE classes every semester. So I get my exercise in and I have learned to get my nutrition in with little hassle as part of my everyday routine. So the rest of the time I am reading (after homework of course). I finish one book and move right into the next and have read so many fun books I decided to blog about them. amanicinsomniacsreadinglist.blogspot.com/ Is that crazy or what? Anyway I am not buying anymore books until I have blogged about the ones I have already read. That means I have to read or skim through them all again. Maybe blogging is really my new addiction too. At least its keeping me out of trouble.
Ann and the 'Bean'
Blogs mysecondhalfoflife.blogspot.com/ and amanicinsomniacsreadinglist.blogspot.com/

High/Surg/current/goal - 320/253/150/healthy - I am 5' 3" tall - Size 8 now! Past surgeon's goal now!

kazpa24
on 4/16/11 9:53 pm
Hi Anne,  I too have an ebook and love it!  Reading was not my passion when I was young but since I was found to be dyslexic and have Irlen syndrome too and now I have the correct glasses I read all the time.
I have not really watched much tv for years now as I find it mind numbing lol
There is also altzhimers in my family so keeping my mind active is important to me.
Glad to hear reading is keeping you out of trouble hunni.  Well done x
ibeanniebe
on 4/17/11 12:49 am - NM
I like being able adjust the size of the text when my eyes get tired. I can make it larger and read a little longer that way.
Ann and the 'Bean'
Blogs mysecondhalfoflife.blogspot.com/ and amanicinsomniacsreadinglist.blogspot.com/

High/Surg/current/goal - 320/253/150/healthy - I am 5' 3" tall - Size 8 now! Past surgeon's goal now!

MultiMom
on 4/16/11 11:08 pm - NH
Knitting is my cross addiction. I have knit myself SO many sweaters! I hate putting them together though so I have a pile of about 7 or 8 of them waiting to be finished 

Martha

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

ibeanniebe
on 4/17/11 12:47 am - NM
I like knitting and chrocheting too but my hands get tired too quickly. It was one tactic I used when I was younger and before WLS to avoid snacking while watxching TV though and it worked sometimes.
Ann and the 'Bean'

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/17/11 12:59 am - OH
My mom started using circular needles a number of years ago... and the only "putting together" -- if any is required at all -- is often just stitching up a small underarm hole.  Most patterns (but not all) can be adapted for the circular needles.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

kazpa24
on 4/22/11 6:42 am
can you croche? if you can you can put them together that way too lol
christine G.
on 4/16/11 11:35 pm
I LOVE to read! As a kid I tore through books with almost the same enthusiasm as eating cupcakes.   Nursing school has somewhat kept me from reading much the past few years, not for lack of time but I know myself and once I get involved in a book I would surely neglect my school work so I steered clear.  But after I take the boards tomorrow I am reallllly done!  And will be catching up on the stack of books I have at home.  Your blog looks great, I've bookmarked it for new reading material ideas.  Looks like you enjoy chick-lit- you might want to try Jennifer Weiner if you haven't come across her yet; I really enjoyed her books. 

Christine

Breast Lift/Brachioplasty January 18, 2011
Lower Body Lift March 3, 2011
Inner Thigh Lipo/Lift May 4, 2011 

seattledeb
on 4/17/11 12:00 am
Good luck on your boards tomorrow. I'm old school..we had to wait month and months for the results. The boards took two full days to take. Crazy times.
Let us know when you pass them!
Deb T.

christine G.
on 4/22/11 4:06 am
thanks so much!  months would have killed me lol.  Everything is computer adaptative now- so depending on how you answer 1 question determines the next question you'll receive.  You can have a minimum of 75q or as many as 265- depending on how well youre doing.  I had only 75 questions and was out in less than an hour.  Took the boards on Monday, had my unofficial results on Wednesday (pass!! woohoo!), and received my license in the mail today. 

What kind of nursing do you do- how long have you been practicing? 

Christine

Breast Lift/Brachioplasty January 18, 2011
Lower Body Lift March 3, 2011
Inner Thigh Lipo/Lift May 4, 2011 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 543 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?