sneezing n coughing

snugglebear71
on 4/15/11 10:06 am - Anderson, IN
 OMGoodness i had a coughing fit about 1 hr ago n no words can tell ya the pain i had in just one inccison . Then i just sneezed and almost jumped out of my skin.
Just started coughing again. all i can say is OUCHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

other then that im doing better. i drank about 3oz water 1oz isopure and half popcycle with in a hour. Have not got sick this time. Not sure if its the meds making me sick or me going back to my bed right after i drink my stuff. 

I dont have gas pains. i gurgle but no gas pains. I thank God for tat.

This time i satyed up for a hour after dring n eating and no sick feeling wooohoooooo.

Should be going home tomorrow. Been here since tuesday. Really nice ppl here. My daughter been staying the night with me and even gets up at 1am to help me out of the bed so i can potty. She has been GREAT no complaining or nothing very proud of her.

Used2Bthin
on 4/15/11 10:16 am - Canada
If you have gas moving in your stomic and not coming out I strongly recommend that you get up and walk.  I was not walking as much as I should and the gas did not come out.  I ended up with 20 hours of dry heaves.  No medicine could help.  They gave me everything they could.  They told me the only thing I could do was walk.  Someone had to walk behind me with a wheel chair so I coul sit down when I heaved.  Finally mid walk it happened, a big old fart came out.  It was the best sound I ever heard and finally the heaving stopped.  Everytime now I feel any gas bubble I get up and walk and let me tell you, it makes a huge difference, I have not had any further instances of dry heaves now that I am walking regular.  I dont know why it works, I did not believe it would work but it does.
     Dr. Nohr in Medicine Hat.  Open RNY March 28 2011.  Start weight 253 current weight 122.       
melissa22886
on 4/15/11 10:48 am
coughing is good even though it hurts. hold a hard pillow or any pillow against your left side where the biggest incision is, it helps. coughing opens up the lungs so you don't get pneumonia. as far as sneezing i haven't sneezed yet thank god but i ALMOST did today. i had my surgery the same day as you and i am terrified to sneeze!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 321 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 321 views