Goodbye Raisin Bran - we have our memories

waitforit
on 4/15/11 11:48 pm - Alexandria, VA
It's official. Raisin bran cereal is officially stricken from my diet forever more.  I'm 9 months out.  Tried raisin bran again last night during a week moment.  OMG.  Sick as a dog for almost an hour (and yes, it happened the other two times as well).   I know, I should have known better - not a good choice - low on protein and high in sugar.  What can I say?  Of all the things I've given up (most of which surprisingly enough I don't miss at all), I'm going to miss beloved raisin bran cereal the most. 

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 4/15/11 11:51 pm
My 16YO son goes through cereal stages.  Right now it is Raisan Bran Crunch.  I heard or read somewhere that it is the worst cereal in regards to the amount of sugar.

Winnie

melissa22886
on 4/15/11 11:54 pm
skinner's raisin bran makes a raisin bran lower in sugar, 13g as opposed to 18g in kellogs, and 6g of protein per cup. here is the nutritional info: http://www.coheso.com/nutridata/view_pic.php?fd_name=SkinnerZ9Zs_Raisin_Bran&ma_name=US_Mills_Skinners&serving=1&servingweight=35&servingoz=&servingunits=1&servings_option=serving&serving_vol_type=cup

that may be an alternative if its the sugar bothering you, cut it down to half a cup for 6.5g of sugar, and add splenda if you like it sweeter. unless, it's the raisins that don't agree with you. but this may be a better alternative to satisfy you
waitforit
on 4/16/11 12:00 am - Alexandria, VA
Thank you!

seattledeb
on 4/16/11 1:09 am
Oh my old friends..capt. crunch, cocoa krispies, even "healthy" shredded wheat. I miss eating bowls and bowls of you.
I eat cereal..I crash.
So we see each other in our dreams.

jenni93
on 4/16/11 1:14 am
Have you tried Special K Protein Plus cereal?  The flakes have a "raisin branny" flavor.  Only 2g of sugar per 3/4 cup serving and 10g of protein!  You'd have to add your own unsweetened raisins, but it might be worth a try.  I mix about 1/4 cup of the cereal with my Greek yogurt and it's a tasty breakfast.  No raisins for me, thanks, but still good.
   SW:  285   GW:  155    CW:  143          

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 424 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 216 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views