Think I'm getting an ulcer???

MochaPJ
on 4/18/11 7:35 am - CA

I developed a rather sudden pain in my belly that starts right around the belly button and goes down to about the level of my hip bone. Really, it's just what I would have called a stomach ache before. My guess is that the pain is weaving through my intestines. I'm a model post-op except for coffee. I'm having more than one cup per day. Does this sound like the beginning of an ulcer???

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/18/11 7:44 am - OH
Ulcer pain is not generally that low.  Even your remnant stomach (which is obviously lower than your pouch) is significantly above the level of your belly button, and the acid from the coffee would only affect your pouch and the pain would be much higher than that.

Does the pain start an hour or two after you eat or does it hurt at other times as well?

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

MochaPJ
on 4/18/11 7:54 am - CA
Today is the first time this has ever happened. And the pain is definitely lower, more intestinal. Hell, maybe it's just some type of constipation. It doesn't even seem to be related to eating. I felt fine after breakfast this morning. It came on early this afternoon. I had some lunch to see if that would help and it's no different at all.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 191 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics