I need crock pot recipes!

wendybear1
on 4/19/11 10:41 am - Brooklyn, NY
I bought a crock pot recently, and have made two amazing roasts. However, I want to branch out!

What else do you like to make in yours?

boneswag
on 4/19/11 10:52 am
Corned beef and cabbage!

Chicken Breasts

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/11 10:54 am - San Diego, CA
I use mine SO much it's not even funny. :) 

Turkey Chili, Greek Chicken, Pork Roast with Sauerkraut, BBQ Pork Roast, Pork Chili Verde, Spicy Italian Beef, Creamy Cheesy Chicken, Stuffed Bell Peppers, Chunky Vegetable Soup, Salsa Chicken, etc.....

Hope this helps with ideas Wendy!

Aprilangel427
on 4/19/11 5:17 pm - Monticello, MN
How dare you post the names of all these mouth watering dishes and not the actual recipes!   LOL

(deactivated member)
on 4/20/11 3:51 am - San Diego, CA
LOL...okay, so here are 2 of my favorite:

Greek-Style Chicken

6 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1/2 Cup chicken broth
1 Lemon, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 clove of garlic, minced (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)

Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper.  Heat olive oil in large skillet over med-high heat.  Brown chicken on all sides (about 2 min max on each side just to sear it).  Place in slow cooker. 

Add broth.  Sprinkle oregano and garlic over chicken (do not stir).  Lay lemon slices on top of chicken.  Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.  That's it!!!  My family likes it with rice pilaf and warm pita bread.

It is also awesome leftovers - a greek chicken salad with feta and tomatoes - YUM!  It stays moist too unlike pan-cooked chicken which I can NEVER eat leftovers the next day.  This is about as healthy as it comes for comfort food!

Spicy Italian Beef

2-4 lb Lean Boneless Beef Roast (chuck, top, round - whichever you prefer)
1 Jar (12oz) Sliced Peperoncini - Drained (near the olives and pickles in the store)
1 Can (16oz) Whole Italian Stewed Tomatoes
1 Can (14oz) Low-Sodium Beef Broth
1 Can (12oz) Light Beer (something mild like Coors Light - this makes it tender)
1 Package Good Seasons Italian Salad Dressing Mix

Trim fat from roast, if any.  Brown all sides of roast in frying pan to lock in moisture (2 min each side).  Place roast in slow cooker.  Add peperoncini, beef broth, beer, and tomatoes with juice.  Sprinkle salad dressing mix over everything.  Do not stir.  Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 6-8 hours. Enjoy!

For my family, I serve the meat over a bed of garlic-parmesan mashed potatoes and use the sauce as a gravy for the dish.  Nicely accompanied by french green beans on the side too. ;)  I throw myself some of the beef in a bowl with lots of the zesty sauce, some green beans and top with melted mozarella. This is a nice change from the standard "pot roast."

The next day, I serve it as a sandwich on a french roll with provolone for the family and top it with sauteed green peppers/onions.  I have my bowl-o-beef again sans the bread and it's even better the 2nd and 3rd days (it makes a lot).

Kelly S.
on 4/20/11 11:06 pm
Thank you!

20 pounds lost during two week pre-op diet.

jan8131
on 4/19/11 11:17 am
 lots of soups!!

COMPARISON is the thief of all joy.
HW 255~SW 234~CW 178-GW 150
cabin111
on 4/19/11 11:19 am

This is my standard recipe, I make it about once a month and freeze 3/4 of it for later.  First I grill lean steak or stew beef in a pan with wine, salt and pepper.  I then place it into the crock pot and then put in all my vegetables; carrots, onions, red cabbage, potatoes, zuchini, chopped celery.  I put in wine, herbs, salt and pepper...cook on low for about 4-6 hours (depending when I get home).  Sorry it may not taste great but it is healthy...

AddisynsMommy
on 4/19/11 11:30 am - FL
 I have done BBQ chicken with a low sugar BBQ sauce. I also found this reciepe on a bariatric friendly site yummies.

you take Italian dry mix the good seasonings and you mix that with a 1/4c water I had to add some more b/c it cooked faster than i thought. I use some Italian dressing.
you cook that on high 4hours on low about 7-8 depends on your breasts size too
 After they are cooked remove the breasts
Add in a 8oz package of the low fat cream cheese. or the new philly cooking sauces
and one cane of cream of chicken soup the fat free stuff
Mix it all together then Re-add the chicken and let cook for about half hour or until heated.
you want to kinda shred the chicken 
it was very good my family raved over it, 

I LOVE my crock pot makes everything so moist!

wendybear1
on 4/19/11 11:58 am - Brooklyn, NY
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 453 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 411 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?