I need crock pot recipes!

wendybear1
on 4/19/11 12:02 pm - Brooklyn, NY
That sounds good!

redheadjean
on 4/19/11 11:29 am - Canton, MI

Chicken breasts and cream of mushroom soup/cream of garlic mushroom or cream of chicken and some white wine.  You can put the chicken in frozen and cook on low all day.  Also, brown ground beef and then put all your chili ingredients in with it and cook on low all day.  I also have a steak stroganoff recipe.  Oh, and if you are eating oatmeal - steel cut oats in a glass measuring cup with all the water/milk, then fill the crock pot with water so it is halfway up the measuring cup and cook on low all night and breakfast is ready when you get up. 

Jean  
redneckgirl43
on 4/19/11 11:30 am - Yukon, OK
RNY on 03/07/11 with
Allrecipes.com has lots of crockpot recipes

RNY revision 3/7/11, Dr. Joya, CW 175, SW 280, HW 302  Lapband placed 1/7/2006 - Lapband removed 1/14/2010;

Candy S.
on 4/20/11 1:53 am - Big Spring, TX
I just noticed that you live in Big Spring. I just moved here. Are there any gastric Dr's nearby or any support groups? Any info would be appreciated. By the way- hi neighbor! (I live in the old base housing)
Jessica A.
on 4/19/11 1:15 pm, edited 4/19/11 1:18 pm - Auburn, AL
I got this recipe from a fellow MN O.H.'er.

4 chicken breast  frozen

4 tbsp butter

1 pkg  italian dressing (powder)

1 pkg low fat cream cheese or neufchatel cream cheese (i used neufchatel)

1 can cream chicken soup

Throw frozen chicken in slow cooker, add 4 tbsp butter, and Italian dressing cook on low 5-6 hours then add cream cheese and soup and cook for another 1/2 hour...I shredded mine and just ate that but made some mashed potatoes for my kids to go with it.  We all loved it!

mdolan20
on 4/19/11 3:01 pm - Brick, NJ
ooh can't wait to try that one!
Melissa HW:350 SW:333 CW:234 GW:128

5100kiki
on 4/19/11 1:48 pm

Chili
1 can of pinto beans, 1 can of kidney beans, 1  can of diced tomatoes (for spicy chili use 1 can of rotel tomatoes instead), 1 can of tomato paste,  1 small diced onion, 1 clove of diced garlic, 1 tsp chili powder, 2 stalks diced celery, 1 pepper diced,  1 Tbl cumin, pepper and salt to taste, 2 cups of water.  (optional add in 1 lb of cooked hamburger)  Stir.  Cook at least 4 hours.

mdolan20
on 4/19/11 2:59 pm - Brick, NJ
LOVE my crockpot! Usually I just throw whatever in there...basically, you need a meat, spice, and liquid. All else is optional but anything goes!

One of my favs since being on preop is simply a pack of chicken breasts, a can of diet coke and a few tablespoons of marinade, the BF likes jerk marinade. And done! His goes over rice, mine goes next to salad.
My other fav is from my grandmother...my fam LOVES this, it's one of our family meals when people come in from all over cause you can make so much. I usually at LEAST double it..Of course gram doesn't do it in the crockpot, she watches the stove all day...I keep telling her she can do it easier but you know that can't be! lol  I also love it cause I almost always have everything on hand except the actual meat.

Pork BBQ w/o the BBQ lol
2lbs of pork -any kind bonefree with a can of beef broth, chicken broth, diet soda, or even water won't kill it, in the crockpot on low all day...
Take the meat out of the crockpot in a seperate bowl and shred with 2 forks
Mix into the pork either 1 cup of leftover broth from crockpot or water if no broth is left
Mix in: 
1/2 tsp. nutmeg and allspice
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp worsteschire
2 tbsp ketchup
dash of ginger
salt and pepper to taste.

Now we serve it on nice hard rolls with sweet relish...oooh I'm drooling...but obviously the roll part will have to change for me!
Let me know if you try it!
Melissa HW:350 SW:333 CW:234 GW:128

mandajolyn
on 4/19/11 3:23 pm - Tallahassee, FL
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

There are tons of good ones, she's not a WLSer but she's got some good recipes and they can be adjusted to how you want them! 
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

nicoleelaina
on 4/19/11 3:23 pm
Boneless chicken breasts cooked in one can of fat free broccoli-cheese soup, which I serve to the kids over rice. I can't eat much rice, but it's damn good. You can add it to the chicken when it's almost done and it will cook in the soup. :)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 519 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 402 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 257 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics