Canadians?

Jory
on 4/19/11 8:04 pm
Has anyone from Canada went through the information session as I have my appointment next week where my doc said they will ask me if I have really tried losing the weight on my own.  Just wondering if anyone could share their experience with this part of the process so I can be prepared.  I was also wondering if anyone has had the Roux En Y in Canada and can give me some advice about finding a doctor?

TrueNorthFriend
on 4/19/11 9:14 pm - Canada
I'm in Ontario - 17 mos post op. I'm sure it is different province to province. If you are in Ontario - I think you can just google "gastric bypass Ontario" - and you should get hits on the current process. It has been centralized. Different than when I when I went through. No one except my surgeon asked me about previous dieting attempts. So can't help you there.
TrueNorthFriend
on 4/19/11 9:18 pm - Canada
...oh, forgot.  I was 56 when I went through the surgery.  I spent my 20's and part of my 30s dieting y- but had given us as they don't work.  I was able to talk about some of the diets - but really had forgotten a lot.  I remember surgeon was somewhat surprised at my answer.  He said usually people can rhyme off every detail - but he wanted to me to understand that WLS is really the last option, which I already got or I wouldn't have been sitting there!
Bonnie ABC
on 4/19/11 9:42 pm - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with
Join us on the Ontario Board if you want.

Bonnie

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/

I can do hard things, life is teaching me that I can.
             Lost 222lbs with rny, 20 lbs regain.

Plastics, July 2010 with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico
MelissaC71
on 4/20/11 3:46 am
 Jory what province are you in? We can help you find surgeons a lot easier that way. I had my RNY done in Medicine Hat in January. You will need a referal from your family doctor to see a weight loss surgeon.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 396 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Forum Search Error & 404