You sure you need implants? (X post/pics)

Jupiter6
on 4/18/11 11:41 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
My doc and I had a long chat about this. I was once a 48H, and had huge, pendulous (below my waist!) sacks of skin with not much in them by the time all was said and done. He had suggested implants, but I was fresh outta cash and really not interested in foreign bodies-- safe though they may be, I have primary lymphedema and my body doesn't like invaders much. So I said, well, even if I end up flat as a board, let's get these puppies offa me!

Now, I am a full 36C. The reconstruction was done very thoughtfully and aesthetically. I have no "lollipop" scar, just around the areaola. I lost literally no sensation. It's nothing short of miraculous. I am firm enough to wear halters and tank, but full enough to look feminine, and happiest of all, no more cost, time on table, of foreign instrusions!

Work with your doc, or shop around.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Lady Lithia
on 4/18/11 11:45 pm
Nice rack!

I'm with you, if I could ever afford it ($7,000) I would go for reduction, even if it left me in a training bra

Now I just gotta get over my paralyzing fear of surgery.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

curvaceousdiva
on 4/18/11 11:51 pm - Hyattsville, MD
I could definitely use a lift and arms and inner thighs done... but keep hearing about the pain... and since no longer with that job.. doubt insurance covers it with the new position
Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
Jupiter6
on 4/19/11 12:31 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Insurance would not likely cover those in any case, unfortunately. :( I was covered in sores and rotting skin, had clearances and letters from 5 doctors,  was treated for it for years, and blue cross still turned me down.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Cleopatra_Nik
on 4/18/11 11:55 pm - Baltimore, MD
Look at those abs girl!!!! WOOT!

Oh...we're talking about your boobs. Yeah...I can't talk about your boobs because the voices in my head are telling me that I am JEALOUS!!!!

I like. And I'm glad you stuck to your...um...guns...
cajungirl
on 4/18/11 11:58 pm
You look fantastic.

I went with implants and have regretted getting them.  Although all 3 plastic surgeons felt I would need them to be a C cup I believe I would have been a C without them.  I have to wear a DD right now and don't like being that size.  I could wear smaller shirts IF they weren't there.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

clsino
on 4/19/11 12:05 am
I am getting my implants on Thursday.  After my breast lift I barely have an A cup.  I look like a 10 year old.  Heck I think 10 year olds have more up there than me.  I didn't believe him when he said I would have nothing left, but he was correct.  I wish I would have had enough tissue to make a nice C cup...I think yours look lovely.  But it wasn't in my cards.

Christy

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/11 7:42 am - San Diego, CA
Good luck with your surgery!!!  I LOVE mine.  Had to fill them back up after the weight loss lol....but it gave me that confidence I lacked with small, saggy tube sock boobs at 35 years old.  I too did not have enough tissue for just a lift.  I needed implants to get the look I wanted. :)  Anyhow, good luck!
paranoidmother21
on 4/19/11 12:19 am - Lake Zurich, IL
That is fantastic!

I know that DH wanted implants, and the surgeons originally estimated I'd be a small B, but I stuck to my guns and went from (pre WLS) a 44 DD to (pre plastics) a weird 34D to (post plastics) a 32 small D/large C. And - best of all - they fit my frame. I look appropriate!

Even better, when I did discuss implants with them post-first round, the surgeons recommended that I not go there - not needed, would leave me out of proportion, and (because of a muscle issue) mean that I would need to be in serious full support bras forever - even when I slept, even with a very small implant.

Do I miss having the rack out to there? Occasionally - I mean, it was part of my identity. But do I miss the struggle of finding clothes to fit? And bras to fit? And the drag on my chest and arms? Not for an instant!

I'm VERY happy!
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

seattledeb
on 4/19/11 1:04 am
Boob surgery is the only plastics I would ever consider. Post weight loss I am a 36 G..as in Gee..your boobs are too big.
I think I'd rather get a kidney though.
Deb T.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 285 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?