So discouraged.

msjkk2020
on 4/20/11 5:42 am - Eufaula, OK
Ok, I have watched the posts and I know this is somewhat normal so I guess I am just needing reassurance....I really haven't lost any weight in a few weeks to speak of, had RNY 12/14/10 so I am really not that far out....when I first started I was averaging 5 lbs. a week and now I am doing good if I lose a pound a week. I have lost a total of 55 lbs. Will I keep losing??? I am eating right, walking 2 miles a day, getting all my protein, the whole nine yards....what is going on??? I really want to cry, I soooooo want to be closer to my goal weight before the end of September....any suggestions anyone??

Michelle V.
on 4/20/11 5:51 am, edited 4/20/11 5:51 am - GA
 I don't have any suggestions, just support. I am almost 5 weeks out of rny surgery and I noticed at week 3 I got stuck. For a whole week I did not lose any weight. But then it started again. I do know from previous weight loss struggles that you plateau here and there.

Do not give up!!  The rest will come off! 

I have many friends that have gone through this surgery or lapband and they promise me you will lose weight.

So chin up and keep doing what you are doing!

latrece2011
on 4/20/11 6:07 am

HEY MSJKK2020, its ok to feel like that dont get discourage thats what i try to tell myself its to earlier in the game but i promise it will get better. we are like a week apart...... also u should be dropped by inches....  go buy a couples of outfits and u will feel better because you wont be in the same size clothes. Keep up the good work!

msjkk2020
on 4/20/11 6:13 am - Eufaula, OK
Thanks guys,
I have lost alot of inches, I am down 10 pant sizes, I've gone from 2-3x shirts to larges.....etc, etc....I have had a taste and I want more, maybe faster than possible.............

Susie A.
on 4/20/11 6:14 am - Palm Coast, FL
You're doing awsome girlie!!! You've averaged a loss of almost 14 pounds a month. I've been in a long stall too! It will come off. Keep on doing what you're doing! Update your ticker.

Starting Weight - 286

msjkk2020
on 4/20/11 6:27 am - Eufaula, OK
lol, I gave up  on that stinkin' ticker, I can't figure out how to reset it.....

Ladytazz
on 4/20/11 6:32 am
Unfortunately the weight loss does slow down.  That is why I feel so strongly that it is important to take advantage of the weight loss window to maximize the loss.  I decided to totally avoid all refined carbs during that time, although I know I will have to continue with that because I am not good at moderating my intake of them.  I decided to get in at least 100 oz of fluids and 100 grams of protein.  During the losing phase I kept my calories under 1000 a day.  I know that some people feel that they can eat more if they exercise more but that never worked for me.  I never took off the calories I was supposed to be burning when I exercised.  If myfitnesspal.com said I burned 200 calories a day with my exercise I still ate around 1000 calories of food that day.  Just me but if I added 200 more calories on that day I wouldn't lose as well.
When it comes down to it, it is still calories in vs calories burned.  The more I eat the slower I lose to a degree.  I have found that I don't lose any faster going lower in calories, either.  If I cut down to 600 calories I still pretty much lose at the same rate so why deprive myself?
You still have a long time left in your window so take advantage of this time to develop good habits and lose as much weight as possible.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 473 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 389 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 10 views
Recent Topics