help with foamies/vomitting?

PriscillaY
on 4/22/11 12:31 pm - Highland Falls, NY
i am about one month and one week post op. so far i've lost 45lbs. i have been doing great with one hold up. for the past week and a half i have been getting the foamies (vomitting up foam with a little bit of what i eat) after 95% of my meals that aren't protein shakes. when i bring this up i know you will want to know:
-i am on puree, and i have been eating and chewing slow.
-i have been following the drinking rule, 30 before/30 after.
-i have been keeping to things i know i can have
-i have told my surgeon and he said it could be dumping (but its after stuff i can have like greek yogurt, chicken pureed etc) or my stomach is rejecting food right now, or i am eating too much and to lessen but i have fixed all of these and it still happens.

i am beginning to feel like a bulimic. i eat and then poof, run to the bathroom. i even tried papaya enzymes. they work sometimes but not everytime.

help :(

highest weight: 387 starting weight: 375 current weight: 223 goal weight: 175    
Lady Lithia
on 4/22/11 12:36 pm
call your surgeon, you might be developing a stricture.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

PriscillaY
on 4/22/11 12:39 pm - Highland Falls, NY
should i call tonight or wait til morning? what exactly is a stricture?

highest weight: 387 starting weight: 375 current weight: 223 goal weight: 175    
DeeNadj
on 4/22/11 12:42 pm - Malmstrom AFB, MT
I'm so sorry. I know how frustrating this is. I am at the same point as you, and had this problem for a while, and then all of a sudden (around a month post op) it just STOPPED. It didn't STOP, but it DRAMATICALLY reduced and I have gone up to 6 days without foaming / vomiting. What I do to curb it is at the FIRST SIGN of a problem, I take a Zofran (anti nausea medicine). It helps A LOT. How do you FEEL when it happens? I have chest pain sometimes (like heartburn) so I do take Nexium daily to help minimize any refluxing that might happen and trigger a foamie attack.

I know this probably isn't much help, but know that I sympathize with you completely because that is the worst feeling I have ever had.
Dee
RNY March 21, 2011!! I'm feeling great!!
Busy Mommy of 4, Proud USAF Wife, Quilter, and TRIATHLETE!!               
mellasmomma0709
on 4/22/11 3:16 pm - IL
I have this problem as well and its usually when I take one bite to many or if I havent went # 2 for a few days.Its almost like it doesnt have anywhere to go.Also If I eat something that my picky pouch doesnt wnat to digest it instists it comes back up.I go through spurts sometimes 3 or more times a week and then sometmes Ill go awhile.
siberiancat
on 4/23/11 2:52 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
Every program has their own guidelines, but for me I had to stop at 2 oz for the first two months.  Any more than that and I would get sick.  Many times I couldn't even eat 2 oz.

Drinking - no limit.  I took it slow and liked hot decaf or herbal tea.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 413 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 360 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 406 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?