Funny Post Op Moment

laura_vermont
on 4/22/11 12:45 am
So, I work in housing..... we manage multiple properties.  I see the residents of the complex I work in daily -- but the rest probably once or twice a year.

I got a call this morning that the free internet is not working at one of the other properties.  OK, I'm up for a walk, so I'll come down right now..... internet is fixed. 

Then, a few of the ladies asked about my wieght loss.  You look great, don't lose any more weight.... all of the "usual" comments. 

UNTIL..... one little lady comes down with "Oh my God, you lost the baby!"..... I said "Oh, NO.... NO babies for me!"..... the other ladies started laughing -- and corrected her.  It was so funny.  Obviously, she thought that I've been preggers all these years..... glad my 113lb "baby" is gone!
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

sherri7794
on 4/22/11 1:18 am
First of all, 113 pounds lost, congrats!!!!!!!  That is wonderful.  Secondly that is so funny.  I actually had a lady think I was pregnant a few years ago (I was not, I carried most of my extra weight in my stomach). 

ANNI D.
on 4/22/11 2:07 am
About 12 years ago, my then husband's daughter wanted me to pick her up and give her a hug, so of course I did. I gave her the hug and kept holding her. She was about 5-6 at this time. So I was kind of balancing her with her butt on the top of my belly and she said, "Anni, do you have a baby in your belly." I was standing there with my mouth hanging open, my husband too, and I said, "no honey, I'm just really fat." I was so mortified about that, but after just a few years, I was able to look back and LMAO!!!
I only strive to be, the kind of person my dogs think I am!                               

Of the choices we are given, it's no choice at all....
                                             -Patty Griffin

Hope V.
on 4/22/11 2:14 am - MN

My kids and I were making Easter Bags for church and my daughter says, " Mom no offense but if you were still fat you would be taking pieces of candy saying they were extra"

_Karen
on 4/22/11 3:31 am - Clearwater, FL
hahah too funny

Jeanne190
on 4/22/11 5:29 am
hahahahahaha!  Oh yea, I've eaten a LOT of extra candy over the years!  That has cracked me up! 
Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.  ~Lucius Annaeus Seneca, Letters to Lucilius

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 427 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 382 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 274 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 409 views
Recent Topics