Hot Flashes

bomoni727
on 4/23/11 2:31 am - MN
 Hello All,
I anticipate that I will be having surgery in August-doing the 6 month thing right now.  Was just wonder if any of you who are menopausal saw your hot flashes go away after surgery, or did they get better or worse.  I have a co-worker who had the surgery and said that her hot flashes went away right away.  If this is true, then I am so looking forward to that added bonus of the RNY.  Your thoughts would be appreciated.  Thanks.
Ladytazz
on 4/23/11 4:32 am
That happened for me, too.  I tend to be cold now.  I can't even remember the last time I felt cold before.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

grmadeb01
on 4/23/11 5:18 am - FL
i was always very hot all the time, now, since surgery, i think they took out my heater core during my surgery..i am cold all the time....i had on flannel jammie pants, long sleeve long sweater, and a blanket on in my chair , and hubby was sweating in our house in the same room...,go figure...
have a great day
debby
DebS55
on 4/23/11 7:15 am - Canada
My hot flashes got worse right after surgery a year ago. At the same time I would freese from one minute to the next, then fling of the blankets from a hot flash. The hormones tend to fluctuate as the  weight melted. it is a roller coaster ride for sure. I was told to be patient, that it would level out and it has. I tried to go off of HRT, but the hot flashes came back, iIam still in the lowest HRT and seem to be pretty good. Occasional hot flash no night sweats though.
patricia_mc
on 4/23/11 7:26 am, edited 4/23/11 7:27 am - Westchester, IL
RNY on 03/07/11 with
Didn't flash or night sweats for 1 month after. Now I have had about 1 short flash per week. I have been cold particularly my hands since surgery.

Hw 295  Sw 277  Goal  TBA
Patricia
april89love
on 4/23/11 9:08 am - NC
I thought I was going to freeze right after surgery. It was very hard to get warm enough. My husband suffered though, because he was more than warm. I think it is different for everybody though. :)
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views