Vitamins Info

RellyRell922
on 4/26/11 1:34 am - Columbia, MD
OK Vets im coming up on my 3mnths Post Op and i no longer want to take the Bariatric Advantage Vitamins. I want to just buy some over the counter Vitamins which do you all Prefer. Any help will be Greatly Apreciatied.
lee12197
on 4/26/11 1:41 am
RNY on 02/28/11 with

My multi is just a natures bounty from price chopper. Pretty small and not hard to take at all...If you found a calcium you can take i would stick with that....I have to admit i have been quite horrible with my calcium i was spose to start it a month ago and have taken maybe five doses...The pill is huge and i just cant swallow it...i tried crushing it and mixinf it with yogurt and it just wasnt happening. I am going today to look at bed bath and beyond, someone told me they have liquid calcium...

poet_kelly
on 4/26/11 1:50 am - OH
You might like Upcal D for calcium.  It's a powder you mix in yogurt or drinks and has no taste at all.  I love it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

poet_kelly
on 4/26/11 1:49 am - OH
Read the labels on the multis and go with any that have 100% of the RDA of things in them.  Centrum is a good choice.  But a generic would be fine too as long as you read the label.

Citracal or generic calcium citrate is fine.  Stay away from Caltrate and Viactic because they have the wrong kind of calcium. 

For iron, Feosol makes both carbonyl and ferrous sulfate.  Get the one that's carbonyl.  You can find it at Walmart or CVS.

Any sublingual B12 is fine.  Doesn't matter what brand.

If you need vitamin D, doesn't matter what brand as long as it's dry D3.  Not D2, not in oil.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 481 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 441 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 443 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 394 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Forum Search Error & 404