YOUR SUGGESTIONS R NEEDED PLEASE

megan cruz
on 4/26/11 4:37 pm - CO
SO, IM PUTTING TOGETHER A LIST OF THINGS I WILL NEED AFTER MY SURGERY SUCH AS PROTEIN, VITAMINS, ECT...CAN YOU WONDERFUL LADIES OF "OH" RECOMEND PROTEIN POWDERS AND VITAMINS THAT I DONT HAVE TO ORDER ONLINE BECAUSE I DONT HAVE THAT OPTION RIGHT NOW. I MEAN LETS JUST SAY GENERIC BRAND STUFF, LIKE IS WALMART WHEY PROTEIN OK? WHAT VITAMIN BRAND DO U RECOMEND? THINGS LIKE THAT....I HOPE THAT YOU ALL CAN HELP ME SILLY LITTLE LIST. THANK YOU....MEGAN
Ladytazz
on 4/26/11 4:40 pm
I usually use Body Fortress from Walmart.  It is pretty much the cheapest you can find. 
For vitamins, if you aren't buying online then generic multivitamins and calcium citrate is ok but it probably is cheaper buying online. 

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Kathy M.
on 4/27/11 5:52 am - summershade, KY
vitamin -multivitamin look for ones containing IRON, FOLATE VITAMINS A,D and E.    STORE BRAND EQUIVALENTS (2 PER DAY) CALCIUM choose a calcium citrate, plus vitamin D
 protein supplements choose a products that has no more then 200 calories at least 20 gram of protein per serving  you can drink Atkins advantage , muscle milk lights, slim fast low carb, pure protein shakes  whey protein from walmart hope this help

Kathy M

immafatgirl
on 4/26/11 5:02 pm - KY
did you not get a list from your surgeons nurse?
the day i met my dr, i got a list of things i would need every two weeks.
megan cruz
on 4/26/11 5:21 pm - CO
NO I WISH....ALL I GOT FROM MY SURGEON WAS A INDER EXPLAINING ABOUT THE SURGERY AND WHAT MY NEW INTAKE SHOULD BE BUT NOT A LIST OF BRANDS AND THEIR NUTRITIONAL INFO
Kathy M.
on 4/27/11 5:28 am - summershade, KY
lynnc99
on 4/26/11 8:04 pm
I also use Body Fortress protein from walmart. gNC and The Vitamin Shoppe have good assortments as well but they cost more.

I use Centrum chewable multivitamins (2 a day), Citrical petites (6 a day), and vitamin B12 Sublingual tablets (1 a day)from Costco.

I also take Biotin (CVS or Walfeeens) and a chewable probiotic (Bariatric Advantage, which I do order).

You may need to ad an iron tablet or other vitamin, based on your doctors recommendation. If he is not specific...ASK!!!

Watch for buy one get one free sales on your vitamins and they need not cost a fortune!
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 4/26/11 8:37 pm
CVS pharmacy has vitamins buy one get one free yesterday while I was there.  Rite aide and Walgreens do the same frequently.  Walmart has a good selection of vitamins.  Vitamin Shoppe and Vitamin World both have chewables if you can't find them anywhere else.

Winnie

turningpoint
on 4/26/11 11:07 pm
POST WLS your tastes may change, so don't by too much of anything.  Does "not order online" mean you also can't call Vita-Lady and order samples from her over the phone?  I think I sampled 40 brands/flavors before I found one that I really liked.  I like the Syntrax Nectar flavors - you can get them at GNC.

For vitamins, I prefer the Bariatric Advantage.  I tried lots of stuff, but keep going back to BA.  Pricier, but worth it as it is specifically made for WLS patients. 

Talk to your surgeon's office....mine gave me a list of what he wanted me to have in my packet as I left the hospital. 
Emily
HW/SW/GW/CW
249/236/135/133.6  
Carrie W.
on 4/27/11 6:01 am - KY
If the reason you can't order online is because you don't have a credit card, I feel your pain.  I won't use them either.  I do use a prepaid visa from walmart.  It takes $3 to add money to it.  I use it for all my online shopping.  And if it gets stolen or somebody gets the number or whatever, I only keep enough on there to cover what I'm planning on buying right now. 

I got my calcium, iron, vitamin d and clear liquid protein online.  I got my full liquid protein at walmart.  I got the RTD myoplex and it's about $1.50 per bottle. 
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 770 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 365 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 498 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 276 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 95 views