Weight Loss on 2 Week Pre-Op Liquid Diet?

mom2kings
on 4/27/11 1:41 am

I just finished the 1st week of my 2 week pre-op liquid diet.  The first four days were horrible because I got the flu and ended up losing 8 lbs in 4 days.  As of today I have gained back 5lbs, and am down a total of 3 lbs after the 1st week on all liquids.  I am disappointed that I have gained because I have been following liquids only and have not cheated.  I know the flu really threw a wrench in things, but I expected to lose more the 1st week.  I am concerned that my liver will not have shrunk enough because my weight loss is minimal.

For those of you on a pre-op liquid diet, how much did you lose?

Thanks for your support and understanding.

Mom2Kings

Cheryl Allan
on 4/27/11 1:58 am - Canada
I only lost 8 lbs in 2 weeks before surgery and I didnt cheat either and everything went fine some loose lots some loose slow but in the end it will all come off
Cheryl Allan

HW...355......SW....322...CW 281

berrixblonde
on 4/27/11 2:00 am - NY
 i lost 7 pounds on my 2 week all liquid diet
woey33
on 4/27/11 2:05 am - kalamazoo, MI
I lost 15 and never cheated and my liver was just fine!

Joey
cajungirl
on 4/27/11 2:27 am
If you are following your surgeon's plan don't focus so much on how much weight you lose.  Following the plan WILL cause your liver to shrink which makes doing the surgery much easier.

The 8 lb loss then 5 lb gain was probably due to dehyration from the flu.  It'll all work out for you.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

nursenaomi85
on 4/27/11 2:32 am - houston, TX
I have lost 5 lbs so far I just finished week one. I have 2 wks to go. So hopefully I can lose at least another 15.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
HW:322   CW:180   1st goal: 150    2nd goal:125-130(im a shorty)  

Elizabeth Z.
on 4/27/11 3:17 am - Corning, NY
I was only on liquids for 24 hours before surgery.  I wonder why some surgeons have you go 2 weeks and others don't.

http://bariatrickitchen.wordpress.com/

JOoms
on 4/27/11 3:42 am
I lost 30 pounds but I think it's very individual.  I didn't lose anything during my supervised 6 month diet until the two week liquid diet.   Not a single pound!
FIRSTMAMA25
on 4/27/11 3:47 am - CONROE, TX

I HAVE REALLY BEEN STRUGGLING ON PRE-OP LIQUID DIET, I REALIZED I HAVE A REAL ADDICTION TO FOOD, BUT I HAVE BEEN ON IT FOR A WEEK AND I HAVE LOST 7LBS.

penguingirl
on 4/27/11 6:14 am
I had lost 16 pounds during the two week liquid diet.  Doc said my liver looked great, he could tell I had really stuck to the diet when he was in there.  I didn't expect to lose more than a couple of pounds going into it though. 
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." ~ Henry Ford            5'11"  HW 369/SW 353/GW 209    
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 568 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 354 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 239 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 374 views
Recent Topics