need help with food plz!

lee12197
on 4/28/11 2:09 am
RNY on 02/28/11 with
So i am 2 months out today. The first month was pretty good, no issues with food really. I was pretty much eating the same things tuna fish, eggs and chobani. Now a bite of any of these things make me sick. I was able to introduce basically anything i wanted back into my menu at 7 weeks out and have been trying new things since then but it seems like things are ok for 2 or 3 times and then makes me sick. Hamburger seems ok as long as its lean, ham is totally out not only does it make me sick but it feels like its burning a hole in my pouch! Seafood is a hit or miss...Im gettin very frusterated b.c I know im not eating how i should. Yesterday i had half a protein bar 2 bites of seafood salad (which made me sick) and pinto beans and cheese. I am really struggling with my food intake and my husband is yelling at me tellin me i need to eat even if im eatin noodles or something else with no protein...Its not that i dont want to eat proper meals b.c i know i need to its just so hard to find something that doesnt make me sick....

qnmimi
on 4/28/11 2:22 am - Cottage Grove, MN
When you say makes you sick...is it physical like nausea, too full, or you just can't look at it any longer?

AddisynsMommy
on 4/28/11 2:26 am - FL
 i am going through something similiar. I don't eat beef, pork or seafood so those are out anyways. but it seems like one minute it's lik eyeah i can eat this then a few days later nope. It makes me nauseated and wanting to puke. Plus I can only eat one or two bites of things and I feel like I am so full I will explode. I have a dr. apt tomorrow so im going to ask him some ?'s I am 6 weeks out..

lee12197
on 4/28/11 2:44 am
RNY on 02/28/11 with

qnmimi- its making me physically sick...i either feel horrible..almost like something is stuck but i chew my food till its mush so im pretty sure its not that.or im in the bathroom dryheaving for 20-30 mins. Im a little worried b.c this all started when i had c. diff and another bacterial infection in my instestines. Both are gone now due to antibiotics but im still havin the issue with food. Its been almost a whole month and to be honest i prolly havent even eaten the amount of food/calories i should have eaten in 2 weeks in the whole month. I have upped my protein shake intake so that im still gettin what i need as far as protein but i just wanna be able to eat without getting sick!

paranoidmother21
on 4/28/11 2:28 am - Lake Zurich, IL
I had this happen at about 2 1/2-3 months out.

Turns out I had a stomach/intestinal virus. But before that got figured out, I was a nervous wreck trying to figure out what my pouch wouldn't give back, and celebrating if I made it from one meal to the next without losing what I took in.

My doctor's and nut's recommendation was that I humor my pouch. Give it protein shakes and protein pudding and just worry about fluids and protein for a week or two.

The other possibility is that your pouch is still very tender from surgery. If you think about where it's placed, it's the very top of your original stomach. Most of us did not have food touching that part on a regular basis - especially not sitting on the bottom of what is now your pouch. As your nerves begin to heal, your pouch is freaking out about things sitting on it. Unfortunately, it's not doing it consistently enough to get used to the sensation. And then, if it's anything like mine, once it gets pissed off it STAYS pissed off.

Hang in there, let your surgeon's office know what's going on, and things will ease up.

And yeah, I also get it about the husband. Mine keeps telling me to go buy Cold Stone and put 20 pounds back on. Nuh uh. Not gonna happen.
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 503 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 405 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 417 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 100 views
Forum Search Error & 404