Incentive to hit Onederland

Penny V.
on 4/27/11 11:10 pm - Orleans, MA
So, I've been struggling with the last few pounds to hit Onederland. I am now at 202.4. I was in Boston yesterday for my small support group and had some time before the meeting.

I went to Macy's, who is having an amazing sale right now - extra discount coupon, etc., and I went to the jewelry counter and splurged on a nice starfish necklace.

Now here is the incentive - I can't wear it until I hit 199.9 lbs!!! Then, I won't be able to wear it if I go back into the 200s.

So, join me in making an incentive to reach a big goal!

NIXMOMMIE
on 4/27/11 11:17 pm - NC
I have a Tiffany bracelet and I really want the matching necklace. I am 55 lbs away. That will be my incentive. Thanks Penny. Also my trip to Jamaica in October.
psx chelly
on 4/27/11 11:34 pm

I want to weigh a certain weight by my birthday... forgive me for not shareing.  this means I only need to loose about 15ish more lbs.  Will I make the goal?  who knows, its such a roller coaster.  I dont know how to reward myself if i do.  I am a slave to defeat, and I feel that if I over do it with positives, something negative is bound to happen.

I am still feeling the "buyers remorse" over this surgery, and it was 2.5 months ago.  I still wear my old cloths, and I am still a slave to PCOS and very slow weight loss. (Dr. told me, so I am not surprised)

I enjoy coming to this message board, but on the other hand its depressing to see everyone who had surgery *after me* loose more weight super fast.

So how do you reward yourself when you think like me?

(deactivated member)
on 4/27/11 11:37 pm - TX
Baby steps! And don't compare yourself to anyone. Just ask yourself where you would be withOUT the surgery at all...still at the same weight? You've lost more than thirty pounds and that is amazing - and you will lose more.
Penny V.
on 4/28/11 4:55 am - Orleans, MA
Slow and steady wins the race. Not sure how long till your birthday, but 15 pounds isn't so far fetched (unless your birthday is tomorrow LOL).

You are still early out from your surgery and things will get better - if you work your tool like it was meant to be worked. You have already lost more than half of your weight. That is definitely a move in the right direction. Remember, you didn't put it on in one day.

I would buy a few new clothes so that they fit you properly. I find that wearing fitted clothes now is so cool, even if I do have extra skin.

Don't let other peoples weight loss interfere with yours. Just because someone else is losing quicker doesn't mean they are doing things right. I am hearing of people 2 months out that have lost 100 pounds. That is too scary for me. Slow and steady.

I would set an attainable, short term goal, say 5 pounds in 2 weeks, and reward yourself with something you love, that's small, like that favorite magazine, or extra time with that special person you love. Whatever makes you happy. Then, when you meet that goal, set another one, again small. Before you know it, you've won the race.

And, stay positive!! You have been given a new lease on life. Make the most of it!

(deactivated member)
on 4/27/11 11:38 pm - TX
I want to weigh less than 210 by Mother's Day. That is eleven days away and 5.5 lbs; so it might be impossible, but I am going to a big ceremony that night and I've had that number in my head since BEFORE the surgery. After that, I want to be in Onederland by June 15.
ToBeAble
on 4/27/11 11:42 pm
That's awesome, Penny -- and so much healthier than "rewarding" ourselves with a big meal out!

I've gone a bit "reward-happy" over the past few months -- new clothes, new jewelry, new hair cut, etc. etc. Massages are one of my go-to rewards. I'm almost into the 170s for the first time in my adult life, so I'll be setting up that appointment soon!

Congratulations on your success, and welcome (really soon) to Onederland!

Laura

RNY 7/30/10  SW 302/CW ~150/First Goal 155 (reached 9/2011)
Extended TT & Medial Thigh Lift 7/16/12.  Arms, Butt Lift 2/6/13. 

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/11 12:56 am
My incentive is to be able to buy these great jeans and new outfits that is a size smaller before my Canada trip in 2 weeks. If I reach my goal I will be officially a size 16 from a 24.

I want to WOW the future in-laws.
Penny V.
on 4/28/11 4:40 am - Orleans, MA
I am now in a 16 from 24 with a few 14s in my wardrobe. How nice to shop in real stores - away from the PLUS sizes.

Never thought I'd see the day.

Rosanette
on 4/28/11 5:00 am

I want to be under 200 by my bd, July 12. Hmm... incentive... shoe shopping! There. Maybe I can promise myself that. :) Okay!

As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we will walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over again the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives. -- Thoreau 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 376 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 467 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 381 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 326 views