I can eat anything! Can't feel my pouch. What's up!

Fatback2
on 4/28/11 5:01 pm
I am 3 and half months out.  I can eat anything.  I can;t feel my pouch.  I am doing the right things, excer, protein, vitamins, three meals a day.  It use to hurt when I ate, now I can;t feel anything.  Do I need to increase my portions?  I have lost 70 lbs in 3 months.
curvaceousdiva
on 4/28/11 7:46 pm - Hyattsville, MD
umm no you dont want to eat till it hurts...
Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
Fatback2
on 4/29/11 10:27 am
Thank you!
Melissalove3
on 4/28/11 9:39 pm - Portland, OR

Even if you can... You shouldnt. Dont test the pouch. Follow your portion sizes and stick to your diet. There are days where I feel that I could eat more, but I dont.  Then there are days where I feel like one bite of food is all I can do.  

Fatback2
on 4/29/11 10:27 am
Thank you!
Koko M.
on 4/28/11 11:54 pm - Albany, CA
No one does this surgery so that they can diet on sheer will power afterward. If that worked we wouldn't need it in the first place. So I understand your concern about feeling "normal", not beiong able to feel the pouch. But if you had done something that damaged your pouch, you would be in some kind of serious discomfort.
 I would talk to your surgeon, and I would also start writing down everything you are eating, and measuring it. It could be that you're eating some combination of slider-type foods that are letting you put away more. Or it could be that you're not eating as much as you think you are. Or it could be that, since you are doing the right thing, and your pouch is healing, there is nothing going on to cause you pain anymore, that the initial pain you felt was simply normal post-op pain, and that has now faded.
Or any combination of the above, or maybe none. Talk to your surgeon, and try not to stress about it. I think you are doing well, and I suspect your new lack of pain is just normal healing taking place. (This is not supposed to hurt permanently, after all.)

Good luck!

Koko   

HW-291 :: 1st WLS consult-281 :: Surgery-263 ::  GW-154 :: CW-151 :: In my dreams - 138

Fatback2
on 4/29/11 10:26 am
Thank you!
Koko M.
on 4/29/11 10:37 am - Albany, CA
Oh, and I don't know what kind of work you do, so I'm not sure how often you have access to a computer, but fitday.com has a food log program that's free, and really easy to use. You just type in the food or search it, and it tracks your calories and proteins and damn near anyting else you want, all for free. If you have computer access and  you're going to try tracking, I recommend it.

Koko   

HW-291 :: 1st WLS consult-281 :: Surgery-263 ::  GW-154 :: CW-151 :: In my dreams - 138

Recent Topics
Liquid Diet Headaches
kay_prnz18 · 2 replies · 32 views
The BiG DROP!
sleeved524 · 12 replies · 199 views