vomiting troubles

PriscillaY
on 4/28/11 8:31 am - Highland Falls, NY
so i had mentioned in my one month and one week post that i had been vomiting frequently with meals and some liquids. on easter evening i began vomiting even with water. scared i'd become dehydrated i came to the er and have been admitted ever since. they ran a gastro test on me as well as some xrays and a catscan and found no leak and no obstruction to my pouch. the doctor said its rare for his patients but he did have one other patient who just frequently vomited with food and drink and he's prescribing me a nausea med but said i can't take it with every meal- just when its really bad.

i think its the foamies because it gets stuck first and then i puke it up with foam. same goes for liquid. has this happened to anyone? does anyone know what i could do differently? i've chewed slower, i've eaten softer foods. i've tried everything.

thanks for reading. heres to hoping they release me from the hospital soon!

highest weight: 387 starting weight: 375 current weight: 223 goal weight: 175    
terilynn112
on 4/28/11 8:34 am - maryland, NY
I have been going through similar issues. We've just figured it out after nearly 6 weeks of fighting through it. I have motility issues in my bowel. It's a rare side effect of an RNY, and then one of my meds causes constipation, which pretty much set me up for it. I have to decide to stop taking this med, or take laxatives OFTEN. I keep zofran (which it sounds like what they're giving you) on hand for emergencies.

teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/11 8:43 am - Santa Cruz, CA
My surgeon had me take Prilosec OTC post-op;  nausea and vomiting is not unusual but tends to resolve after about six weeks.  It's just your new little tummy getting used to food being up into the esophagus the way it is now. 

Good luck.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 362 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 252 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 399 views