My first foamies

Carrie W.
on 4/29/11 12:28 am - KY
I'm not sure exactly what brought it on. 

I had hot tea before breakfast with benefiber in it.  30 minutes later breakfast was two eggs with cheese and 2 slices of turkey bacon. 

I was so excited to try the turkey bacon.  When planning my meal, I *thought* the turkey bacon had 10g of protein when in reality it only had 2g per slice.  That's what lead to the second egg and the cheese.  Put me way over calories for that meal but I decided fish only for the rest of the day was an okay trade off. 

That was probably too much but I felt okay.  The benefiber said 2tsp 3 times a day.  So after my 30 minute post-meal break, I fixed my crystal light orange juice with calcium in it and added the benefiber.  I drank it pretty fast like I usually do. 

About 30 minutes later, the foamies.  I really thought I was about to puke up my toenails.  But after heaving a couple times with spit as the only result, I was fine.  No soreness or pain.  Just fine.  I went ahead and drank my water and went on with my day. 

I made chicken and ham pinwheels for a late lunch and was able to eat 3oz of that with no problem.  I still was at 50g protein for the day but I was done.  I didn't want to risk further upset. 

Yesterday was my first day taking the benefiber.  Any idea what might have caused it?  I did probably eat too much then drank the fiber/calcium too fast.  For the time being, I'm going to stay away from both!!

I talked to my NUT about how to increase my protein without adding a snack or shake.  I've been eating meals with 3oz of meat and a 1/2 cup of veggies.  The NUT told me to eat 4oz of meat and skip the veggies.  I don't like that idea because I really look forward to my veggies but after yesterday's mishap I'm gonna stick with smaller meat only meals. 
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 428 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 345 views