Migraines Spinal Headaches

HolliM
on 4/29/11 4:32 am - Red Bush, KY
Hello everyone. I have been haveing major issues. I have had headaches/migraines since last Thursday. I have even blacked outfrom them. After being to an ER for a spinal tap and ct then getting a spinal headache from the tap and haveing it for a week. Seeing my PCP and my neuro. dr and being to the ER two more times. I finally got a blood patch and it has helped my headache. I am haveing a MRI tuesday. Maybe we can figure out why i keep getting migraines.

Does anyone else have migraines or spinal headaches if so how do you deal and what caused them ?

Highest Weight 335                      When I came home 330.2
Surgery Weight 321.4                   Current 170
www.myspace.com/hma82

cindigirl72
on 4/29/11 5:12 am
funny you should ask that question.  I was just in the ER for a 2 week migraine myself yesterday.  They gave me an IV bolus of magnesium sulfate, and it worked like a charm.  I was just going to ask myself if any other roux-en-y-ers had any experience with that.  I did read some studies that helped explain to me why that worked, and I know we are at risk for lots of deficiencies.   Not to give medical advice, but I know it worked for me, might be worth a mention to your doc and see what he/she thinks...

Let me know what you find out.  Hope you feel better real soon!!!

Hope V.
on 4/29/11 8:59 am - MN
When they did ur spinal did they measure your opening pressure? I would ask them what that was because black outs and severe headaches are a sign of Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension aka pseudo-tumor cerbri this is when ur brain produces excess spinal fluid and it has no where to go creating pressure on the brain and it also ceaps into the optic nerve which causes vision problems this is very serious and not fun at all trust me but the MRI should comfirm if this is the case

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 418 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 174 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?