I needed to post this...

Reverend
on 4/29/11 3:42 am
... so I could see my ticker say 71 lbs lost ;)

I'm just a few days over my 3 month mark.  My doctor is disappointed in my weight loss so far, but I'm not.  I had a few weeks where exercise was hard to come by (I had an ingrown toe nail removed, and then had to travel to Indiana for my brother's funeral), and I think that probably slowed me down a little.  Still, I'll take a 71 lb loss. 

And, I'm now 1 lb less than I was at my lowest w/ the Lap-Band in 2006, just before they had to remove it because it slipped multiple times.  So take that, Lap-Band!

MarilynT
on 4/29/11 3:47 am
I agree with you.....71 pounds in 3 months is AWESOME! When else have you lost that much in that span of time? Probably never!

Silly doctor.

Marilyn (now in NM)
RNY 10/2/01
262(HW)/150-155(GW)/159(CW)
(updated March 2012)

SelfPay
on 4/29/11 3:49 am
Congrats!!!! I'd say 71 lbs over 3 months is great work!  I'm not sure why he's disappointed with 23 lbs a month??  Was he expecting more within a three month time frame?

In any case, you're doing great!
Reverend
on 4/29/11 3:53 am
Yes, I had my "3 month" followup about 10 days ago, and had only lost 60 lbs at that time; he said it should have been 80.  He wants me to lose 120 by the 6 month mark.  I'll come close to it, I think.  But I stall a *lot*.  (He defines a stall as staying on the same weight for a week or more; that happens to me about every other week.)

You know, the really funny thing is that it's only when I stall that people start telling me how much weight I've lost.  I've heard others say that they don't lose inches and pounds at the same time -- I guess I don't either.

Anyway, thanks =)

(deactivated member)
on 4/29/11 3:57 am - Boston, MA
 I think you've done awesome!!! I'm 6 weeks out and I'm on  "stall" #3 and I agree with you I get smaller when I'm stalling.. I step on the scale my pants falling off thinking wow I'll have a nice loss.. and nothing, but there is no denying the baggy clothes!! Keep up the great work!
SelfPay
on 4/29/11 3:58 am
Wow, 120# by 6 months.  Well, I'm not a doctor so I have no clue.  Seems aggressive but maybe it's not given how all of this is supposed to work.

I have my RNY on May 12th so I'll have my own expectations I suppose from my Doctor.

I still say you're doing great even at 60# in that time period but again, what do I know. 
Stacey-71
on 4/29/11 4:49 am - OH

Congrats!! 71 pounds is amazing!

DeterminedE
on 4/29/11 5:04 am
Great job on the weight loss.  Your doctor is ridiculous.  Be proud of yourself.
steve D.
on 4/29/11 5:25 am - West Fargo, ND
What percentage of your total weight loss is 71 pounds.  If your total goal is 100, then that is good.  If your total weight loss is 300, your doctor may be concerned.  The amount of weight is important, but only when looked at with the percentage of weight loss.

Keep up the great work, you will get there!!

Steve

Reverend
on 4/29/11 5:38 am
I started @ 349 lbs, so 71 lbs is a 20% loss from my starting weight.  I want to lose another 78, so I'm just under 50% of my total desired weight loss.

My doctor is concerned at any rate =) But I know he just wants what's best for me, and the eariler it is after surgery, the easier it is (supposed to be) to lose weight -- at least that's what he tells me.  I'm not too worried about it.  I was just saying that even though my doctor thinks it's not enough of a loss at this point, I'm very happy with it.  If I never lost another pound, it would have all been worth it.  But, of course, I expect to lose much more =) All the better...

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics