Which non chewable Centrum should I take???

JoF
on 5/2/11 4:52 am, edited 5/2/11 4:53 am - saint peters, MO
I hate chewables. Been using the BA ones since my surgery and am sick of them! I need a great non chewable and i know Centrum has been discussed. I am 44 year old female. Which should I use? I also take B complex, B12, Calcium citrate, BA vitamin D3. iron 3 x daily. If Centrum do I also take it twice a day like the BA ones now?

Thanks so much! I tried searching but only found one post!

Jo from UK living in MO!         
SW 232/ GW 140/ CW 140! 
H.A.L.A B.
on 5/2/11 6:28 am

Centrum silver or Centrum for woman.
Almost any centrum.
You will need 2 times a day.
you not taking magnesium? why not? 
it is good to make siure you get 2:1 calcium to magnesium ratio 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

JoF
on 5/2/11 7:25 am - saint peters, MO
Haven't heard of us needing magnesium too??! I must have missed that memo! :(
Thanks by the way!

Jo from UK living in MO!         
SW 232/ GW 140/ CW 140! 
MarilynT
on 5/2/11 8:13 am
As the previous poster stated, any Centrum is fine. I choose to take the one without iron so I can take it with my calcium, since trying to take them separately had me needing too many vitamin breaks and I would miss half of them in the day. Now I take my multi 2x/day with my calcium and magnesium; then I take my iron alone at night. I take my other supplements first thing in the morning (extra D, probiotic, B12).

It may not be ideal, but at least this way I get them all in during the day. Labs are good (just done in March) so it must be working.

The magnesium aids in the absorption of the calcium and helps with constipation if that is a problem, too.

Marilyn (now in NM)
RNY 10/2/01
262(HW)/150-155(GW)/159(CW)
(updated March 2012)

Jeanine J.
on 5/2/11 10:09 am
You shouldnt take Iron with Calcium. Calcium inhibits the absorption of Iron! But I also agree any Centum is fine thats what I am taking!

What's worth the PRIZE is ALWAYS worth the FIGHT!                
JoF
on 5/2/11 9:36 pm - saint peters, MO
Thanks everyone! I thought it was the D3 that helped with absorption of calcium? Oh well..off to get my Centrum and magnesium today!
Jo from UK living in MO!         
SW 232/ GW 140/ CW 140! 
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 324 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 376 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 467 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 381 views
Recent Topics