Impact shakes in liquid diet taste horrible

aakers77
on 5/2/11 12:37 am, edited 5/2/11 12:40 am - MI
Did anyone else experience this.  I feel like a whiner but I had just got use to the other part of the liquid diet and now have to start drinking these Imapct drinks by Nestle and I gag all the way through them,  Any tips ?
_Donna_
on 5/2/11 1:08 am
By "lmapct" drinks do you mean the protein shakes?
My doctor has suggested 50/50 Nestle's Instant Breakfast powder/Protein Powder
aakers77
on 5/2/11 1:29 am - MI
No this is actually part of a kit they are specifically for before and after surgery healing.  Bleck I don't know if I can do it
(deactivated member)
on 5/2/11 1:32 am - SC
I've never heard of them.  I would simply tell your surgeon or your NUT that you can't stomach them and ask them if it is okay to supplement a protein shake of your choosing.  I don't see why that would be an issue as long as you're getting your protein in.  I know some programs are more strick than others.  If it involves anything milky I can't do it.  I couldn't do it pre-op and I definitely can't now.  It never hurts to ask though.  If they do allow you something different, my recommendation would be to get samples of anything you think you might like.  It's better to spend a few bucks on samples than $20-40 on a huge thing of protein you end up hating.