Pain in my stomach and it growls

sstratton1970
on 5/2/11 10:46 am - NV
Hello I had surgery on 4-27-11 and since yesterday and now today. I have been experiencing pain in my stomach and it growls. I first thought it was gas pain, but I have passed gas easily. I have even been walking.  They say you aren't suppose to feel hungry. But that is the feeling I am getting. The pain makes feel like I have heart burn. Like emptiness. Do any of you guys know what may be going on and have any suggestions. Thank you.

Shannon S.
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/2/11 10:48 am - OH
I don't know what is up with the pain, but the noise is from your intestines rather than your new pouch...

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Smileygrl810
on 5/2/11 10:48 am
I'm not sure about pain but you may want to get used to the growling part. Most likely it's gas. My growls ALL the time still and I"m over 6 weeks out. I'm sure most people will tell you the same thing.

Highest Weight: 318 lbs
Surgery Weight: 265 lbs
Current Weight: 183 lbs
Goal Weight: 145 lbs 
kikislove2
on 5/2/11 11:00 am
you have so much air in you because they fill your stomach with air during surgery, so it's doing flips in there. you will have lots of funny pains during the healing process and it does take a couple of weeks for the most part for all pains to go away. you may not be taking in enough fluids. they should have given you a pill for gas to take everyday for the first 6 months. so if they did not, check into that.
Tracy M.
on 5/2/11 11:16 am - KY
Mine did that too and still does sometimes. I tell people it's talking to me. lol I think it's normal. I don't feel hungry when it does it so I don't worry about it. I don't really feel much hunger at all. I'm sure it's mostly gas. If you're concerned about it just call your surgeon and i am sure they will tell you if something isn't right.

Tracy

Highest known weight- 512
Surgery weight-425
Current Weight- 260

ladyquenn
on 5/2/11 12:01 pm - WV
I am almost 6 months out and my pouch still talks, only now its usually "hey know what this idiot just tried to eat, over cooked fish, well I showed her" hehe. The pain from the gas they pumped in hurt all the way to my shoulder and lasted about two weeks. Don't forget it take about 12 weeks for the stomach to heal 100%.
Teddi J
We have just enough religion to make us hate,
but not enough to make us love one another. ~Jonathan Swift                    
kikislove2
on 5/2/11 1:17 pm
the worst is drinking too fast and takikng too big of a swallow. talk about rejection. it got stuck in the middle of my chest, basically letting me know that was as far down as it could go, and then you know what happened next. i find that the slower i eat and drink, the better. but it's hard, because all my life, i've woofed down food, and it can be mentally exhausting to sit and take it slow when you just want to devour stuff. but i sure feel better when i do it that way. so even if you think you are taking it slow, try taking it a little slower and see if that is better for you.
skabets112
on 5/2/11 4:30 pm
Have you been taking your nexium or prilosec (which ever the doctor suggested?). You've got a lot of acid in your pouch, and the meds will help minimize it. Also, small sips, in small quantities feel MUCH better at first, and still now at 4 months, I still get the feeling that Kiki is describing in her post whenI take too big of a sip. The gruggles that you hear are your intestines working, which is a good thing! I hope you start feeling better. If you have concern, don't forget, you can contact your doctor, especially when you're in pain, that's what they get paid for!

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me"  Phil 4:13

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 369 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?