Here we go

Karen T.
on 5/2/11 10:59 am - Canada
Well I started my Pre-op Liquid Diet today. 
It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be but I don't really like the thickness of the opti-fast. 
Can I add more water to it to thin it out a little? 
Any other suggestions to get me through the rest of my 4 weeks of this diet?

brwneyz
on 5/2/11 11:18 am
4 WEEKS?!?!?!?!   HELL, I THOUGHT THE 1 WEEK I HAD TO DO IT WAS BAD!!
Wife to Lawrence since July 4, 2003.
Nathan June 16, 2005   Haylee October 7, 2009  
Getting help so I can live long with him and raise them to be the best they can be!                

Karen T.
on 5/2/11 11:23 am - Canada
I know I was a little taken aback but I will do as he asked me to.   I just need to get through it it's only 4 weeks of my life right?

Tracy M.
on 5/2/11 11:24 am - KY
I only had to do one day and that was hard..lol Damn, 4 weeks? I couldn't do it.

Tracy

Highest known weight- 512
Surgery weight-425
Current Weight- 260

ladyquenn
on 5/2/11 11:56 am - WV
My NUT had me do two weeks, not because of needing it, but she said it would make the liquids and soft after surgery easier. After talking to others I think she was right. Also they need your liver to shrink so they have room to work in there. It isn't as big a space as we think because it is all filled with fat and organs being pushed around.
Teddi J
We have just enough religion to make us hate,
but not enough to make us love one another. ~Jonathan Swift                    
brwneyz
on 5/2/11 12:31 pm

Yes, the liquid diet the week before DID make things easier after surgery.  I would not have been able to go right from normal eating to surgery, and then have to get used to a liquid diet.  Honestly, the first three day were BAD.  I was shaking, moody, etc.  My doc said it was carb withdraw.  After that I had to FORCE MYSELF to drink my protein shakes.  Good luck...you can do it!

Wife to Lawrence since July 4, 2003.
Nathan June 16, 2005   Haylee October 7, 2009  
Getting help so I can live long with him and raise them to be the best they can be!                

Karen T.
on 5/2/11 12:39 pm - Canada
Thanks I am drinking my opti fast drink right now.  I added some sugar free Starbucks syrup (caramel) with my chocolate flavored drink and tried it with ice in the blender  it wasn't bad. 
I am glad to hear that I am not going to do this for 4 weeks for nothing.  Thanks to all of you.   My surgery is on May 30th and I am really emotional about it.

obcodi
on 5/2/11 12:49 pm
I am 2 weeks post-op on Wed. and I still have 1 more week 2 go. Though this really is the hardest thing I have ever done a big part of me believes this is a major part of successful internal healing. Some days are harder than others but you can do it! Protein shakes are the hardest but the liquids are great. I have broth from the ramen noodle packs, tomato soup, strained french onion soup, etc. I have all flavors of boosts, & ensure. You can have sugar-free Popsicles (the kool-ade type). I love the banana favored ones. Another thing I really like is to mix 1 ounce of ocean breeze sugar-free Hawaiian punch with 2 ounces of very vanilla flavored boost and freeze it, then take it out and let sit for a bit and chunk it around a time or 2 b/c it separates a little as it freezes and then eat it like ice cream...dreamscicle flavor...delicious!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 453 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 45 replies · 416 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Forum Search Error & 404