Can I beg for some encouragement, esp. from non-exercisers?

Rosanette
on 5/3/11 1:15 pm
We're going to try to go swimming this weekend, but the water will be too cold; I know this already.  I need to add more movement into my day... I don't want to stop here. I am thrilled to have lost over 100#, but I cannot stop here. I have to get under 200. I will add more movement, but I haven't been so very non-compliant. I am finally able to eat more natural proteins. I have not been living and breathing the regimen every day like I did the first six months. Is that really necessary to lose the weight? I'm not eating full fat anything, don't use sugar, eat protein.

The thing is, I know this is one weight my body likes. I was at this weight for two years when I was overseas. I didn't even have a scale in my apt, there, but naturally stayed between 225 and 240 for two years. So, I know I need to be patient, or austere, or both in quick succession. I just would like some folks to tell me that they got over this and made it to a reasonable weight without being a Spartan. If you can.

As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we will walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over again the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives. -- Thoreau 

Lady Lithia
on 5/3/11 1:28 pm

I cannot say about exercise.... I keep meaning to start it, but nevver quite get around to it '

Regarding a "comfort weight"

I was between 200 - 220 for fifteen years. NEVER thought I would get below 200.... so my FIRST fantasy weight was to get to one-der-land.

I was 150 for a about a week on my way UP the scale ....... but I've been around that for six months now.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Rosanette
on 5/3/11 1:34 pm
Thanks so much. I guess I'll go to bed now. I hate to complain about stalls. Everyone has them. Everyone. I've lost lots. Not doing too bad. Need to keep it up. Try for greater vigilance. Maybe move around a bit more.... Thanks. I always appreciate your kind words, to everyone.  

As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we will walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over again the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives. -- Thoreau 

merlinda
on 5/3/11 2:05 pm
I think the coolest thing to all you've said is you've lost 100 lbs!!  So very cool, and I hope you are proud.  There is something to be said about what a body wants to weigh.  I don't know how tall you are, but I will probably stabalize at around 200.  I'm good ...
Rosanette
on 5/3/11 8:16 pm

I'm 5'8". At that height I carry my weight well, but ....

You haven't yet had your surgery, and you're guessing where you'll stabilize?? :) I've seen people  on here lose very different amounts of weight in very different amounts of time. And many people have surprised themselves. I'll try to keep a more open mind if you will. xxoo 

Thanks for the kind words.

merlinda
on 5/4/11 12:55 am
I WILL keep an open mind.  I am just going off where I've landed before from traditional dieting, and what the Dr. says.  I also want to be conservative, so that I am not pressuring myself or getting on my back for not being somewhere I "think" I should be, BUT again, I'll keep my mind open to possibilities.  I also wonder if some people lose "extra" because of plastics?  I probably won't be able to afford that .... wish I could, but probably won't.  :-)  
Rosanette
on 5/4/11 1:01 am
Yes, people lose a little more with plastics, but they're very honest about that, and usually the plastics are not to lose more weight, but to nip and tuck the loose skin. Everything tends to get flat and wrinkly. Something to look forward to!! :P

Michelle E.
on 5/3/11 2:29 pm
I am an on and off again exerciser. Lets face it.. I move way more now than when I was 341.  Every weekend.. we go to the Zoo to walk and walk.. its movement and that really matters. Today, I went to Zumba. We are a work in progress.

I work in an office. I sometimes will do squats in my office chair or talk a walk at lunch. It all adds up. I can eat a lot more too. I try to keep between 1200-1400 calories per day. Some days are better than others. 

Good luck 

Michelle  
Rosanette
on 5/3/11 8:19 pm
Thanks, Michelle. You are doing great. I do need to move around more. Summer's almost here and I cannot wait! I've always loved summer, even though it gets hot as blue blazes in Houston,

seattledeb
on 5/3/11 4:39 pm
Something that helped me was to think of it as movement not exercise. Exercise is something that requires a special place or equipment. I can MOVE more. I can walk faster. I can move my arms as I walk. It starts to build on itself. For the last month I've started to jog the distance from my work to the parking garage. I've never jogged in my life. It's like a little experiement. I try to see how fast I can walk when I'm walking the halls at work. Little things but it adds up.

Find ways to increase movement. Walk around the block. Walk to the coffee shop. Walk the dog. Go for a swim. Ride a bike..

Take care,
Deb T>

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 535 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 523 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 265 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?