Colonoscopy and Osmoprep and Liquid Diet

wynter57
on 5/4/11 6:01 am - Panama City, FL
I have a colonoscopy/endoscopy appointment Friday morning. This is part of the preparation for having surgery if my insurance approves it.

So, I am hating this liquid diet and if I were good at this sort of thing, I'd be skinny.

So, hunger pangs are what bothers me the most. I've been eating banana popsicles like they are going out of style and it's better than nothing, but I've got two days of this misery and it does little to take away the hunger.

What are your suggestions if there are any for taking away hunger pangs?

Also, have any of you used Osmoprep for the bowel cleansing? I opted for these since they are tablets rather than have to drink something gross that I knew I would throw up.

How long did the Osmoprep take to start working? How long before you were at a point where nothing bu****er was coming out? I know it varies per person, just wanted to have some ideas.

Thanks!!
Wynter
 VBG Surgery 4/17/1989 - Revision TO RNY 8/22/2011 - 4 Days Prior To Surgery WT: 309.5

nomoresugar
on 5/4/11 6:23 am
Once your system starts to empty, it can take up to 24 hours to be 'done'.  There isn't much to do about hunger, clear liquids are not very filling, but it is only for a day or two.
nfarris79
on 5/4/11 9:31 am - Germantown, MD
 When I last had a colonoscopy I had a different prep - liquid, ugh! at least as not bad tasting as GoLytely - and was still pooing clear into the morning of! But I tend to be diarreah-happy so it does differ for all bodies.

For liquid diet-blues, have some hot tea or hot broth. I had my liquid diet preop for 2 weeks and had s/f ice pops, protein drinks (fruity kind), and chicken broth like it was going out of style.... The "I'm gonna eat my arm b/c it's solid" hunger pangs went away for me around day 5. Then apathy of food had set in and still feeling it 3 weeks post op.

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

Lauren W.
on 5/17/11 10:02 am - pensacola, FL
Hey there, How did it go. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Have you gotten a surgery date set yet? Keep up the good work!

wynter57
on 5/17/11 2:26 pm - Panama City, FL
Hey there, good to hear from you! Colonoscopy / endoscopy went well. Dr. Lord found some polyps in my stomach, they sent off to be tested, hadn't heard anything about it yet, hopefully they are benign. I went to my behavior modification class and nutrition class last Thursday. Now I just have the one on one with the nutritionist girl and I believe they are in the process of putting things together for the insurance. Haven't heard yet if they sent paperwork to the insurance as of yet.

Thanks for checking up on me. So, I see from your counter that you are only 15 pounds from goal? That's AWESOME!!

Wish you would put some pictures up or if you can't or don't want to on here, you can always email me directly at [email protected]  I'd love to see them.

Wynter
 VBG Surgery 4/17/1989 - Revision TO RNY 8/22/2011 - 4 Days Prior To Surgery WT: 309.5

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 295 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics