different kinds of nausea 3.5+ yrs post-op

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/3/11 5:12 pm - OH
I have vomited VERY rarely (like once a year!) since my RNY except when I had the pancreatitis from the stuck gallstone, but everything I have eaten since yesterday morning has come back up or resulted in severe diarrhea (liquid).  I have had nausea off and on for TWO days. I now have some mild to moderate abdominal pain (just enough to keep me from sleeping).  Yes, if the pain gets worse I will go to the ER (or to the doctor in the morning). 

Anyway, I have noticed two distinct types of nausea... pouch nausea, which almost always is just the early warning that something is about to come back up within the next minute or two, and nausea (the kind I am having right now, despite having taken some leftover compazine) that SEEMS to come from the remnant stomach.  Now, I am not sure how it COULD be coming from the remnant stomach, but this nausea is definitely different from the rare times I have had nausea since surgery.  It feels like the "old" nausea I had for the first 45 years of my life.

Does anyone else experience this...?!?

Ok, going to lie down again now...

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

vervetoloose
on 5/3/11 5:56 pm
Symptoms sound similar to non-ops stomach/intestinal virus? I hope that is all it is for you and that within the next 24 hours you start feeling better.

" Oh you who love clear edges more than anything...........watch the edges that blurr."

tawnia49
on 5/3/11 8:52 pm
I'm thinking some kind of stomach/ intestine type bug also!  Hopefully it will pass soon, be careful you don't dehydrate. If it continues you might want to be checked out in case you need some IV fluid.
Tawnia        
MarilynT
on 5/4/11 12:14 am
Lora: not to scare you, but this "everything I have eaten since yesterday morning has come back up or resulted in severe diarrhea (liquid). I have had nausea off and on for TWO days. I now have some mild to moderate abdominal pain (just enough to keep me from sleeping)"  is exactly the symptoms I was having with my Petersen's hernia, except the pain I would describe as EXCRUITIATING. When I was having pain, everything I ate would come back up; when the pain subsided, the next intake would come right out as practically water! This went on and on for WEEKS, with repeated hospital visits (I even came home from vacation in Mexico and went straight to the ER) and admissions and tests where they could find NOTHING WRONG. Only exploratory surgery about 5 weeks after returning from Mexico found the problem.

Just putting that out there; if your symptoms do not improve in a few days or get worse, please do see the doctor.

Hope you feel better.

Marilyn (now in NM)
RNY 10/2/01
262(HW)/150-155(GW)/159(CW)
(updated March 2012)

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/4/11 2:26 am - OH
Thanks, Marilyn.  The pain is back to being just mild and intermittent, and I did not throw up the protein chicken soup I had for breakfast, but am still having the watery diarrhea (and LOTS of gurgling going on in there!) and feel pretty dehydrated (shaky, unsteady, etc.).  My mom brought me some Immodium so I'm hoping that will help.  If not, or if the pain returns, I will seek medical help.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

fatfreemama
on 5/4/11 12:35 am - San Jose, CA
No idea since I have not been able to throw up since surgery, but sending HUGS! Hope you feel better soon.

Jan
Bay to Breakers 12K May 15, 2011 (1:54:40)           First 5K 5/23/11 (41:22)
Half Marathons: Napa:  7/18/10  (4:11:21)   7/17/11 (3:30:58)   7/15/12  (3:13:11.5) 

SJ Rock and Roll: 10/2/10 (3:58:22)  Run Surf City: 2/6/11 (3:19:54) 
                         Diva: 5/6/12 (3:35:00) 
HW/SW/CW  349/326/176
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein

siberiancat
on 5/4/11 1:14 am, edited 5/4/11 1:14 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
No vomiting - but have had abdominal pain, nausea and diarrhea since yesterday.  Light headedness and dizzyness, too.  I'm doing only liquids today and took probiotics.  I'm hoping it's just a bug.

I think mine is different from yours.  I get nauseated alot, but find using some essential oils on my tummy really helps.

If yours continue - get yourself some medical attention, Lora.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Carrie W.
on 5/4/11 4:01 am - KY
I hope this is just a bug and that you feel better soon!
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

lee12197
on 5/4/11 1:19 pm
RNY on 02/28/11 with
When i was sick last the dr told me to only use immodium if you absolutly HAVE TO. This is b.c if its a virus it wont really help get it out it will just prolong things...not sure if this is really true since she has told me a few others things that wernt quite right....

Siui80
on 5/5/11 1:29 am
Hope you are feeling better
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 474 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 434 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 433 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 371 views