Guacamole.....

cardinalgal
on 5/4/11 3:05 am - Louisville, KY
Can we have guacamole?  I would love to eat some and was wondering if there was protein in it.

Rita

jenni93
on 5/4/11 3:19 am
No too much.  One-fourth cup of guacamole has 1 gram of protein, plus a whopping 9 grams of fat.
   SW:  285   GW:  155    CW:  143          

nancybugg
on 5/4/11 3:22 am - Riverview, FL
Guacamole is OK in moderation.  I try to limit it to 1 or 2 tbsps at a time.  It's full of fat, but the fat is GOOD fat.  It's great for your skin and hair.
hedrider
on 5/4/11 3:28 am - Midlothian, TX
I eat guacamole and avocado in moderation.  It has good for you fats and our brains need some fat.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

Kelly S.
on 5/4/11 4:02 am
I make my own and use fat free greek yogurt and salsa with the avacado. It's a little healthier that way and I eat it with Food Should Taste Good whole grain tortilla chips. 

20 pounds lost during two week pre-op diet.

newtintn
on 5/4/11 5:18 am - TN
 Im 2 wks post op yest and had my 2 wk post op dr appt today. I asked ehr if we have can have avacados and guacamole and she said yes as long as my pouch will tolerate it. So im going to make a very small batch since it goes bad so fast and try it. I got some pita chips to eat it with that were very low in fat sugar and carbs. Im thinking prbly one or two chips will fill me up thos with the guacamole. I make a MEAN guacamole too...just avacado smashed with fork, seeded and diced tomato, minced onion, garlic or garlic powder, lemon or lime juice and salt and pepper. Key to keep it from turning brown so fast, leave the avacado seed in the finished guacamole and cover with plastic wrap and make the the wrap touches the guacamole, smoo**** donw on top of it. 

WildHeart101
on 5/4/11 5:54 am - Lexington, KY
Hummus is good too.  I like to get my guacamole from Chipoltle.....yummm
Cindy    *number on ticker includes 14.5 lbs lost prior to surgery                                                                                

Arkin10
on 5/4/11 6:56 am - TX
My favorite is Wholly Guacamole brand - they sell these 100-calorie packs.  No fuss, no muss.  Love the premeasured amount; makes it easy to track in my food journal.  Plus it's all natural, no chemicals, additives or fillers like sour cream, etc.  The spicy is really too hot for my palate but everyone is different.  We have them here in Texas in all the chain grocery stores like Kroger, Safeway, HEB, Albertsons, etc.
adamsamah
on 5/4/11 7:27 am - Nixa, MO
I order it at Ruby Tuesday's and ask them to bring me lettuce instead of chips and use the salsa and chopped tomatoes they bring too. I love it and it's so much lower in calories without chips.
Hugs,
Lana

Adamsamah, Lana
"WLS is about making better choices, a healthier lifestyle and seeing how little you can eat.  Portion control is the key to all weight loss surgeries.  Bottom line - it isn't how much you can eat - it is how little you can eat."

Jeanne190
on 5/4/11 1:28 pm
The nutritionist at my surgeon's office said avacados are a "super food"!  She encouraged us to eat them!  I realize they're high fat but, good fats are well...good!  I saw a recipe on The world According to Eggface that I ADORE!  turkey roll with avacado slices and a piece of Brie or other soft cheese in the middle.  Roll it up, get a skillet hot and spray with Pam and lightly brown the turkey!  OMG  It melts the cheese and the avacado slice gives it the most amazing flavor!  Very filling and a great lunch option!  Thanks Eggface! 
Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.  ~Lucius Annaeus Seneca, Letters to Lucilius

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 387 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 195 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 478 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 397 views
Recent Topics