Ok...I Have to Ask (TMI, I'm sorry!)

Melody D.
on 5/5/11 10:49 am, edited 5/5/11 10:50 am - Pueblo, CO
Hey All My Fellow RNY'ers:

For the last week, I've been having some rock hard and long ass poops. I have always known I have hemmorhoids, but this has really pissed off the roids. Can I take a stool softener? My dr's office has yet to call me back about this problem (which is annoying the hell out of me. )

Another annoyance of mine is this - I have been getting 64+ ounces of water/decaf iced tea, being diligent of my sugars and carbs, getting in my proteins, taking my vites, and exercising yet I have gained 3½ pounds last week and I've been sitting there ever since!! What's up with this? It's not "Aunt Flo" cuz I had a hysterectomy in '07. Should I start over with a clear liquid week and work my way back up to the beginning like when I had my surgery?? PLEASE!! Someone give me some answers because I don't deserve this $#!+ when I've been obeying all the rules!!

Patiently Being Impatient
Melz

Panniculectomy & Mastopexy (Breast Reduction & Lift)- 1/3/12
Upper Thigh Lift & Upper Arm Lift- 3/13/12
HW-290,
SW-288, GW-127, CW-111

Cheryl Allan
on 5/5/11 10:52 am - Canada
Yes u can take a stool softner or put benafibre into one of your drinks, I stalled this week and only lost 12 lbs in 4 weeks since surgery, so I was told to up my calories and protein for a couple of days to shock the body back into thinking im dieting.....hope this helps some good luck
Cheryl Allan

HW...355......SW....322...CW 281

Lady Lithia
on 5/5/11 10:57 am
It's normal to stall at this point, and I wouldn't try to up calories at this point.... that is a strategy for much further out. Just let your body do its thing at this point.

I stalled for FIVE WEEKS at this point,

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Melody D.
on 5/5/11 11:07 am - Pueblo, CO
Thanks, it's good to know about the fiber; I didn't think about adding fiber in addition to what I eat (lotsa salad.)

Stalling!?!?  I really don't even have the patience for (as is obvious in my post) it. 

Thanks for the info and GL on your journey!!

Melz
HW-290,
SW-288, GW-127, CW-111

Lady Lithia
on 5/5/11 10:56 am
I take miralax..... one dose daily, but when I'm having a real issue, I double up on a weekend (evening friday, morning saturday, evening saturday (if I haven't had success), morning sunday, etc).

64 ounces of liquid is FOUR pounds! A little bit of high sodium and you retain water.... heck, I retain water even when I have no reason.

Up your liquids MORE, take a stool softener, increase your fiber (but not without increasing your liquids) and be at peace, it's normal to have weight fluctuations.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Melody D.
on 5/5/11 11:16 am - Pueblo, CO
I know I have to be patient and that these plateaus will happen, but I'm not thinking about how much I have lost, I seem to be focused on how far I have to go to goal.  But, I didn't realize really how close I am to goal until I read my siggie (66½ pounds to go!!)  I guess to me it feels like I'm being tortured or even failed when I gain weight.  After all, I did NOT go through this surgery to be gaining weight or be emotional when I backslide.

Is 64 ounces not enough?   I already feel water logged with that.  How much would you suggest I take in?  My NUT is always out of the office, and by the time I get return calls, I stand there like an idiot trying to remember why I called them in the first place!!

I'm out the door just shortly to Walgreen's to buy the Miralax!!  It's painful when I have to pass those hard poopies.  

Thanks everyone for responding to my TMI questions.

((Hugs))
Melz
HW-290,
SW-288, GW-127, CW-111

Judey H.
on 5/5/11 11:56 am - milton, FL
 I take a stool softener dulocax (sp?) everyday.........I still sometimes have a hard time going but it is much much worse when I do not take one.   Read the bottle carefully because some are a laxative as well as stool softener....I just take the stool softener.  Hope this helps.....I too have been thinking about adding fiber to my diet to see if it helps because you are correct it can be very painful.

Price S.
on 5/5/11 11:48 am - Mills River, NC
Benefiber daily, like 3T not the 2t is calls for.  Hot decaf protein every morning. More than 64 oz of fluid each day.  Add in daily greens and a flax muffin every so often.
That works for me. 
Expect variations.  As long as it is going in the right direction over time, you are good.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Michelle_2975
on 5/5/11 12:04 pm - Canada
I swear by the Miralax. You can get the generic brand as well.
Kim26
on 5/5/11 12:58 pm
For the stool softeners, is it OK to take the soft gels?

“We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces, while regret weighs tons.? - Jim Rohn   
"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure." - Bill Cosby

(17 lbs lost pre-op)
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 349 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 381 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 475 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 393 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 11 replies · 51 views