5 week check up good and bad

Carrie W.
on 5/5/11 1:40 pm - KY
I had my 5 week follow up visit today.  I got alot of my questions answered. 

The sf pudding for taking meds is out but the NUT suggested sf jelly which doesn't have anywhere near the carbs of the pudding.  Didn't try that tonight, I only had one cup of pudding left. 

She also said that my weekly average should be between 400-600 calories.  I can have higher and lower days as long as it pretty well averages out.  I can get my 60g of protein in with around 430-450 calories.  I think maybe twice a week I'll allow 650 or so calories to get in 80+ g of protein.  She thought  that was okay. 

There are three nuts at the clinic.  They're planning a food fair for the summer.  We'll get to sample their recipes and talk to vendors.  I'm looking forward to that.  I told her it needed to be in July so I can eat more of the veggies,  lol.  At 3 months out my list of approved veggies really increases. 

Doc told me to just take the narcotics when the menstrual cramps got bad.  He also reiterated that ALL pills should be crushed FOREVER.  Apparently tylenol gel caps (punctured and squeezed out) work better than the liquid children's tylenol so I'll try that next month before I resort to the delaudid. 

Bad news:  I've gained 5lbs in the last two weeks.  That makes a total of 15lbs lost from my 1 week follow up.   I know, I know 15lbs in a month is GOOD.  It's just frustrating that I GAINED weight before this appointment!  I told the doc about it and he said (what I already knew) that it's water weight from the TOM.  I'm determined not to let this get me down!  I drank 120oz  of water today and the TOM is almost over.  I'm hoping that 5lbs will disappear soon!

The exercise physiologist wants me to work up 60 minutes of cardio a day.  I HATE to exercise for the sake of exercise.  I'm used to working outside and playing hard.  I'm just going to have to make myself do it.  I'll have to break it up into two sessions and work up to it but the 5lbs has to go, lol!!!!

I did fight with my jeans all day.  I've out grown my undies so I dug up some that are like 12 years old and they're silky.  My jeans tried to run away all day.  My 26's are too big and falling off but the 24's don't fit yet either.  So for now, I look homeless, lol. 
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

Carrie W.
on 5/5/11 1:48 pm - KY
I'm 2  hours from the surgeon's office but I found out today that they're trying to organize a  support group meeting for my area.  I also met a lady who is a year out and 140lbs from my area.  I've got her phone number!!  Look at me, all networking and sh*t, lol. 

ladyquenn
on 5/5/11 2:09 pm - WV
I have to say that the crushing pills forever I have never heard and I would have a problem with that. There is no logical reason for that. But I do know that they have adult strength liquid Tylenol. It is what I used till I could swallow pills. Walgreen's and walmart here both carry it.
Teddi J
We have just enough religion to make us hate,
but not enough to make us love one another. ~Jonathan Swift                    
Carrie W.
on 5/5/11 2:23 pm - KY
I tend to agree with you about the pills.  The explaination is that pills can sit in your pouch and cause an ulcer.  I think that's it.  They told us in the pre-op class but with all the other info thrown out, I sort of lost that in the deluge.

I made the decision to stick with my surgeon/clinic's plan.  They have a really high success rate and well, I'm tired of second guessing everything.  I know that sounds bad but ....

seattledeb
on 5/5/11 5:33 pm
I sure would ask to see their research on that!

DisneyLover
on 5/5/11 9:50 pm - WI
crushing pills just is nasty.  and some pills you aren't supposed to crush, but I don't have a list.

my mom used to put my allergy meds in grape jelly (capsule emptied out) when I was a kid.  as a result I cannot even smell grape jelly and I can't eat the cookie decorations that are the little ball things.  too many bad memories.  

Sarah

silly_sandy
on 5/5/11 10:38 pm - IL
Last time I checked, the adult liquid Tylenol has been pulled from shelves.  Tylenol has had a number of recalls.  Maybe it's back, but as of two weeks ago, no.  My doctor said to crush for six month then swallow nothing bigger than an eraser head-which means cutting all my pills.  It's tough to gag down some of them cut in half.  Wonder why all the doctors have different plans??  You think they'd all be on the same page.

HW: 307  SW:  254  CW: 177 GW: 150
ladyquenn
on 5/6/11 12:17 am - WV
I checked the recall site and adult liquid tylonol was recalled only for a short time and that was may of 2010. It was recalled along with motrin and several other drugs for plant issues but is back on the shelves now and hase been since july 2010.
Teddi J
We have just enough religion to make us hate,
but not enough to make us love one another. ~Jonathan Swift                    
silly_sandy
on 5/6/11 2:11 am - IL
Thanks for checking that!!    wonder why both my Kmart and grocery store haven't restocked yet.  I keep checking and still now on the shelves.  I'm going to go out and check other stores.  Thanks again for the heads up!

HW: 307  SW:  254  CW: 177 GW: 150
Carrie W.
on 5/6/11 12:17 am - KY
I used sf strawberry preserves this morning to take my vit d and gal bladder meds.  1sp is 5 calories and 2g carbs and that's all it took to get those two pills down.  We'll see how it works this evening with the really nasty pills.  Like I said, I decided to follow my surgeon's advice, rediculous or not.  This isn't something that can hurt me, it's just inconvient.

After the kick in the ass yesterday, I got up early this am and did 30 minutes on the treadmill.  I tried on a t-shirt I haven't worn in 8 years or so and it fits!!  I needed something to make me feel better about this whole thing since my check up wasn't all good.  Apparently I'm losing from the top down.  And damnit, 15lbs in a month is GOOD!  15lbs in a month is GOOD.  15lbs in a month is GOOD.  LOL. 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 485 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 444 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 452 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 395 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views