Help!!! What could be the problem....

Cella123
on 5/6/11 11:01 am - IL
I had surgery over 3 week ago. I was really sore in my left side. I now have this really bad pain in my side when I sneeze, cough, bend down, and etc. If I sit down or stand still it is fine but when I move I fell a tearing feeling and a shooting pain. It hurts so bad even when I touch the area where it hurts. I take Tylenol but it doesn't help. I think there is something wrong with my nerves healing right. Has this happened to anyone else. I can't see the surgeon til the May 23 :(

redheadjean
on 5/6/11 11:08 am - Canton, MI
Sounds like you need to call their office right a way.  There should be an on-call number...
Jean  
FavisRNY
on 5/6/11 11:14 am - TX
I cant diagnose you but I can tell you a little about what I have been experiencing,

Like you, my left has always been where most of my pain resides. 

I am currently one week out and today I finally broke down and called my dr. The area around my left incision has remained red since I left the hospital and is warm to the touch. 

My surgeon took a look and told me that I had some inflamation and an infection. He put me on an anti-biotic.

You really need to call so that if this is the case you can go in and get your prescription soon. 

Hope this helps. 

Tracy M.
on 5/6/11 11:27 am - KY
I had that happen to me too. I was doing laundry and bent down to pick up a basket after about 2 weeks and the pain was worse than right after surgery. I called my surgeon and he said it wasn't something he thought we should be concerned with. It lasted about a week and just disappeared. Are you out of pain meds? I used those for a while and I was fine. Hope you feel better soon.

Tracy

Highest known weight- 512
Surgery weight-425
Current Weight- 260

Candigirl23
on 5/6/11 4:06 pm
You are explaining my symptoms to a T. I went and saw the surgeon. He said that sometime people's bodies do not react well to the absorbable stitches they have to put in the abdominal wall. I had surgery just a week before you and the pain kept getting worse. I went to the doctor and he said that he needed to do another brief procedure to remove the suture in the abdominal wall and that should fix the issue. I went in for another 30 minute surgery... outpatient and the pain was gone immediately upon waking up. I can sneeze, cough, laugh and there is NO pain at all!!!
~ THE BEST IS YET TO BE ~

ohangela
on 5/7/11 5:43 pm
I too had some pretty weird pain on the left side for a while after surgery. I thought something was wrong but it eventually stopped happening. I had the problem after throwing up so much. If you are having these problems though you should call your doctor. They can get you in before your appt if you think you are having issues.
">a>
shuniro
on 5/8/11 4:49 am, edited 5/8/11 4:50 am
I had the same problem.  I can cough and sneeze without pain but it is still hard to lay on my left side.  I don't know if you have kidsut it feels like a baby foot pushing from the inside.   I told my doctor and he said it is because that is where they put the main scope and it is expected to be sore for a while.  if you think it is infected by all means ask to be seen sooner than the 23.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 519 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 401 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 257 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics