fav place to eat out

twooten
on 5/6/11 12:33 am - Loveland, CO
 Now that its mother's day weekend and then with my birthday coming up in less than a month my husband and family want to take me out for dinners... but i am not sure where i want to go or the best places to go post WLS. i am 5 months out... so cleared for just about anything

I really dont like all you can eat places... hate the food. so i'm asking where you go when you eat out. thanks for the ideas
Tami HW: 288 / SW: 273 / SG: 187 GOAL REACHED / PG: 160
nancybugg
on 5/6/11 12:49 am - Riverview, FL
I like Outback - their Filet Mignon is delicious and goes down easily.  They have tons of weight loss friendly foods.  You can ask for them not to put butter on the steak.  Happy Birthday!
Start Weight:  282; Current Weight:  192; Goal Weight 150
Carrie W.
on 5/6/11 1:05 am - KY
My vote is for Red Lobster.  The wood grilled shrimp is fabulous.  If you get the lunch serving, it comes with just one skewer of shrimp and broccoli and it's only $6.99 I think. 
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

Kim S.
on 5/6/11 1:08 am - Helena, AL
Any place steak.

Any place blackened seafood.

Yum.

Kim

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/11 1:12 am - SC
All you can eat places aren't really financially smart for us now anyway.  I never ate enough pre-op to justify the cost.  I surely don't eat enough now! 

Ruby Tuesday's has an awesome under 550 calorie menu.  They have sliced sirloin that you can get with mashed cauliflower.  It's wonderful!  It's super moist and easy on the pouch.  (my pouch)  They also have shrimp fondue.  It is to die for.  My pouch loves shrimp and cheese.  Putting in the same place is heavenly. 
Krista F.
on 5/6/11 1:57 am - BRYAN, OH
RNY on 12/08/10 with
any place that is not fast food. i love anyplace that has taco salad, i tell them no shell, just alittle lettuce.. my hubby always laughs at me when i order things now. oh and i get a small thing of cottege cheese on the side, i mix it in like souer cream.. luv it..  when they come and ask , what u want to drink, i say water.. cuz before i would say, no drink for me.. man they looked at me like i was crazy..  lol. hope you have gd time with the family. Krista
 HW 300  BSW 275  SW  263  1st GW 199  GW 150        
mrstefer
on 5/6/11 2:14 am - CA
I just normal order a soup so it doesnt matter where I go. If I do not order a soup I just get a side salad so pretty much every where has that.

redheadjean
on 5/6/11 10:23 am - Canton, MI
I usually eat fish or ground beef when I'm out.  Too many places overcook their chicken and it is dry and I worry about sauces having too much sugar.  Don't eat the bread - this is really hard to do.  I think Longhorn Steakhouse has fish that is always cooked perfect.  I had salmon at Outback steakhouse tonight and ate 1/2 and brought the other half home.  I'm always bringing food home.  Oh, most Italian restaurants will let you order just a side of meatballs (usually two) with sauce and you can order a side of veggies - that is a whole meal for me and I feel good because I don't usually waste any, unless I couldn't keep myself from eating the bread - then I can't eat all my food and have had too many carbs.
Jean  
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 490 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 456 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 461 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 45 replies · 418 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views