Almost 4 months and eating more!

Fatback2
on 5/7/11 1:59 pm
Eating more and it's scary.  I was able to eat 2 cups of Wendy's chilli today.  I can also eat 2 pc of beef sausage at one time.  I can also drink a diet pop with small sips.  Looks like I am getting back to normal.  Is it to soon for this?  I have not pick up any weight.  Total loss is 72 lbs so far.
(deactivated member)
on 5/7/11 3:56 pm - Canada
I'm not sure when you had your surgery from your post, but you will be able to eat more over time. Take advantage if you are in your honeymoon stage of the first 6 months. Get as much weight off the first 6 months as you can. It will get harder. Congrats on the 72 pounds. I'm not sure Wendy's Chilli and Sausages is great for any post-op, but I'm no angel either, so I won't give you too much of a hard time :o).  Oh and my surgeon told me that carbonated drinks will stretch your pouch.

The Chilli is a slider and I am not surprised you can eat 2 cups of it. 

Fatback2
on 5/7/11 4:33 pm
Wow!  I just read your profile.  You had a reversal and still lost all that weight.  How did you do it?  You said the diffrence is you can eat.  You also kept the weight off since 2007.  I would like to know more about your diet and change of lifestyle.
Ladytazz
on 5/7/11 5:10 pm
Just because you can do something doesn't mean it is a good idea :)
Two cups of chili is a lot even for someone much further out then you.  Why aren't you measuring your food?  Your nerves have been cut and you can't rely on feeling full at this point.  It is important to measure out your food so  you don't eat too much and possibly hurt yourself or stretch out your pouch or stoma.  Does  your surgeon have a program you are supposed to go by?  Have you seen a nutritionalist?  If not maybe you can find one that works with WLS patients and get some guidelines as to the best way to eat post op.  When I was 4 months out I was eating 2 or 3 oz of meat and about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of food like chili.
Does your programs say you can drink carbonated soda?  Many surgeons recommend that you don't. 
Good luck to you.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Fatback2
on 5/7/11 5:25 pm
I thought your pouch was 6oz at 4 to 6 months? 
Yes, I have seen a Nut. but each person is diffrent.  I never really had a problem with eating too much.  But since surgery I feel hunger.
Ladytazz
on 5/7/11 5:40 pm

Not too sure how big the pouch is at this point.  If you don't feel like you are eating too much and you are happy with your weight loss I wouldn't worry about it.  Men have different nutritional needs then women do and can eat more.
How much protein do you eat?  How many times a day do you eat?  You may need to eat more protein or more often if you are still feeling hungry.

Fatback2
on 5/7/11 5:54 pm
Thats what is so crazy.  I used to feel full after 3 to 4 oz, but now since I am 4 months out I dont feel it anymore.  I used to vomit if I went too far with a meal, not anymore.  I had RNY because my diebetes was out of control, since the surgery my diabetes is under control.  I eat protein with meals like fish, steak, and eggs.  A sample of a meal might be 4 oz steak and a few green beans. or 1 egg and 3 oz of corn beef hash.  I eat 3 meals a day.
Ladytazz
on 5/7/11 6:00 pm
Do you drink protein shakes?  It sounds like you are getting around 75 grams of protein a day if you are getting around 25 grams a meal.  That is a good amount but I find that the more protein I get in the less hungry I feel.  I get in about 130 grams of protein a day.
Maybe try drinking a shake and see if that helps so you don't feel so hungry.  I couldn't get by on just 3 meals a day.  I eat 5 or 6 times a day including my protein shakes.
If you are very active you may need to eat more often then 3 times a day.

Fatback2
on 5/7/11 6:14 pm
Yes, I drink whey protein shakes.  one a day.  I gonna try more meals a day.  My NUT says 3 meals a day.  I workout 5 times a week 50 min each workout.
Ladytazz
on 5/7/11 6:18 pm
Yeah, if you are working out that much you probably need to eat more often, at least some kind of protein snack to keep you going.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 287 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics